Roll Call: Iowa

No one believes how good you THINK or SAY you are unless you can come PROVE it at the 2023 GPGC Sunpower at Sunflower Hills in Kansas City on May 7th.
YOU could…
Win the title and impress all your friends!*
Impress your boss and get a raise!*
Earn bragging rights over the entire GPGC community!*
Become more attractive to your wife!*
Become more attractive to your neighbor’s wife! (no judgement here - you do you -
ya filthy bastard)**
Come join a bunch of sickos and have a blast, playing golf the way it was meant to be played.
*results not typical
**GPGC accepts no responsibility for any disputes developed with your neighbor

https://refuge.nolayingup.com/t/sunpower-golf-sunday-may-7-2023-sunflower-hills-basehor-ks/90459?u=bagumbo

5 Likes

I am fuckin stoked.

3 Likes

My back is shot and Im exhausted from 30 family member weekend hangout but could not be more stoked as well.

3 Likes

I started reading this as an excuse for why you weren’t going to make it… Excellent diversion

2 Likes

Mandatory Golf Society begins its 4th season this Friday at Red Hawk in Davenport. As always anyone and everyone is invited to play. It is a $10 buy in for skins game. We play 9 holes from the “first tee” which makes for an extremely short and fast round. We handicap the game by only using 3 clubs and a putter. Amazingly this allows 36 handicaps to compete with scratch players. No commitments just show up if you’re in the neighborhood and maybe go home with some cash.

3 Likes

We made it @Sweet_Cupn_Cake @ZachR

4 Likes

Haha hell ya! Greasy burger, pbr and a polar bear skin.

BFF306A7-111B-4C8E-9BDF-EB7A0E0E534F

1 Like

Miller Latte, but yes. Two greasy griddled burgs.

2 Likes

Paul’s??

2 Likes

Paul’s.

2 Likes

How long ya in DBQ?

1 Like

Tonight and tomorrow morning, playing 9 at Bunker Hill at 10:10

2 Likes

It’s mandatory to buy a hunter’s orange “Paul’s Tavern” trucker hat when you’re there.

1 Like

The camouflage option is also acceptable

1 Like

Let me know next time ya make it down. I’ll work the schedule around to join

1 Like

I sincerely thought about it but ended up not. You got family up that way? I saw a few businesses with the name Breitbach on my way out of town on 52.

Yes, Breitbach’s Restaurant has the oldest liquor license west of the Mississippi. Great spot. My great gear great grandfather opened it in the 1870s. Breitbachs are like the Smiths of Dubuque. Millions of us.

1 Like

Any of you gentlemen want to play golf Friday or Saturday? Out of work at 11:30 on Friday and could make a mid afternoon tee time. Or could play Saturday most anytime.

Iowa City / Cedar Rapids Guis (DBQ / QC / DSM if you are feeling frisky and up for a road trip…)

Somewhat fluid situation here but have 1-2 spots open for Stone Creek / Amana 27 Hole Circuit this Saturday. Myself and @grandpa_jones are committed. Still awaiting confirmation from a non-refuge philistine. Times are 8:40am @ SCGC (Possibly 2 spots), 12:10 @ ACGC (1 spot).

If more want to get involved, Amana tee sheet wide open but SC more limited, calling their pro shop seems to be the way to get more time options…

4 Likes

Hi there! I’ve been a reader of this thread for a little while, but have never posted. If there is still a spot open for both Stone Creek and Amana this Saturday, I’d like to join if I could! I’m from the Des Moines area, but I’m happy to make the drive!

7 Likes