Roll Call: Iowa

On a Fyre Lake GC post?

Doesn’t really make sense for this post but it’s definitely there

1 Like

Bad look, no doubt. Regardless of political leanings, putting something like that on your business social is always a bad idea.

4 Likes

Ya I truly don’t care if he’s a Trumper at this point because we’re surrounded by them here but just keep that shit off the official club Instagram page.

1 Like

I’d also be saying the same thing if it were #BuildBackBetter, which coincidentally would have been a better hashtag on that post. LOL

5 Likes

Very interesting, I had no idea @ZachR’s boy Larry Packard did the most recent re-design. In which case, does #12 qualify as his dreaded double dog leg Par 5 for the course.

I don’t question the double dog leg. I question a tree that overhangs a greenside bunker on a double dog leg. He must’ve been a huge government guy. Because I get taxed when I hit the try and it goes in the bunker and I get taxed when I hit a tree branch on the way out of the bunker.

2 Likes

Whoa whoa whoa, let’s keep politics out of golf

3 Likes

As someone who has hooked a 3 wood going for that green a few times. The guys on 13 tee appreciate that tree.

1 Like

Word has it, Larry was a big WPA guy.

1 Like

i wanted to drop in and advise any and all Nesters and Roosters to watch this space… an event is dropping soon, tee times are booked, and we are looking for a solid turnout!

this is a @GreatPlainsGC event, but will be open to ALL players, FYI

8 Likes

Wrong.

Right:

3 Likes

Scagnetti is that a natural born killers handle? I knew I should have called myself Wayne Gale

2 Likes

Fyre lake was a lot of fun today. Lots of places where there’s auto lost balls when you get just off the fairway though which isn’t ideal. Conditions were pretty solid considering how bad they were a year or two ago.

9 Likes

Once they figure this out, the place could/will truly be one of the best in the area. Until then, pace of play will continue to be an abomination.

3 Likes

Played there last summer. I was so disappointed with the brown patches on the greens and the rough was nothing but crabgrass between 1 and 2. The owner blamed everything, and I mean everything single thing on his superintendent. Course has potential but it needs some TLC.

1 Like

This is something that I just cant and wont get over. I wont go back because of this sign.
Hospitality is why people come back and play your course.

3 Likes

Whoa

that wasn’t on the carts 3 Sundays ago.

2 Likes

It was last summer. There are 100 ways to ask people to repair ball marks. This is not one of them.
Side note: Beer cart girl was on point! Always there when I needed her

3 Likes

It wasn’t on the carts yesterday. Some patchy areas in the fairway but conditions were pretty good this year.