Roll Call: Iowa

Count me in for 1 of the Amana spots if it’s still open, even though i have a severe love/ hate relationship with that course

2 Likes

Updated for 3. Still one spot!

1 Like

I’ll take the last spot, if it isn’t already spoken for. I haven’t played out there yet this year, but my irons are trending and feel like it would be a good test!

3 Likes

All yours! Looking forward to meeting you guis

3 Likes

If any one drops out, let me know. I will be a placeholder to round out the 4some if needed

2 Likes

Preferential treatment for alumni at Pheasant Ridge, who can say?

4 Likes

Gotta assume the cart’s license plate says TC1

2 Likes

I realize it’s not Iowa but anyone in the QCA been out to Fyre Lake this year? Wondering how it’s been with new owner.
Heard really mixed reviews on him and he has not been shy with posting on social media.

He’s certainly been aggressive about people taking care of his course. Which comes off as petty in most cases. Haven’t gone in a few months but meaning to get back out

1 Like

I just played Friday, greens are in considerably better shape than in the past.

Some small patching, but nothing like last year or even earlier this year. Course still drains like a hair-clogged shower though. It’s been in the 90s with little rain over the last week but you would have thought a monsoon had hit in the hours preceding play.

Seems like they are making progress righting the agronomic ship and yeah, dude’s customer-facing culture could use some PR coaching. (Plus their Olympic Club dog /burger hybrid rip-off is still mediocre at best.)

3 Likes

Anyone want to play Stone Creek in Williamsburg Friday night and/or Saturday? Club championship is Sunday and i need to get another round in.

1 Like

I would be more than happy to play Saturday.

1 Like

What time do you want to play?

Wide open. Just let me know.

1 Like

Randomly stumbled across this website today. Apparently someone or some group is trying to restore parts of Waveland to the original design. It’s an interesting read and some cool history on Waveland.

It mentions the donation portal was supposed to open in fall of 2021, but I’ve not heard anything about it until today, so who knows if it’s still in progress.

Anybody know anything about this project?

https://www.waveland1932project.org/get-involved

1 Like

The new owner is a pretty strong repellant, no doubt.

That said, I was out there a couple weeks ago and it’s in the best shape I’ve ever seen it. Bunkers are full of sand (even though, there are a million pebbles in the sand which end up on the greens…), greens didn’t have any disease and were rolling true - slow, but true - and the condition of the place overall was really nice.

I really enjoy that piece of property but I have a lot of scar tissue from horrible experiences over the years that makes me shudder anytime I hear “Fyre Lake”

1 Like

I saw this last year and thought it was interesting. Had no idea the course changed like it has. Would be a cool project but I doubt it will ever happen.

1 Like

@RunItOut we are booked at 9:30 Saturday. 2 spots still open if anyone wants to join.

1 Like

s/o @ChrisP1 for the Dash Coffee recommendation. Best cup of coffee I’ve ever had, full stop.

3 Likes

I’m playing there next Thursday but I was browsing the clubs Instagram page and saw a #letsgobrandon on one of his posts. Seems like the worst kinda dude.