Roll Call: Iowa

Thanks everyone! I forgot to ask, any idea if there are any town courses with sand greens still open in Iowa? I know Nebraska has about 10.

There’s one in Wellman, closer to Iowa City

1 Like

What @grandpa_jones said. Wellman is about an hour and fifteen minutes from Bos Landen. I live really close and I’ve played the course a couple times and it’s definitely a different experience. It’s a 9 holer that’s only 2500 yards and the sand is pretty flat and screaming fast.

1 Like

Anyone going up to Ryder cup next week? I will be up there Friday.

We are heading up on Sunday.

I will be there on Wednesday

Anyone interested in Thursday practice round tickets? My brother has 2 available. Make an offer. We are in Dubuque and can be picked up or we can figure out how to send your way.

Ive been looking at Ticketmaster trying to find a way to convince myself to go
Your not helping LOL

Anyone interested in playing in a scramble this Saturday at TPC Deere Run? $59 and $10 for skins. Back nine will be open with bunkers as ground under repair with the renovation going on. I need 2 players if anyone is interested.

1 Like

I could have 2 or 3 spots open at noon at Palmer Hills in Bettendorf on Sunday, if anybody is interested?

2 Likes

I will be there friendo. Hopefully we dont get paired with those savages again.

1 Like

heck yes, i mean i’ve only improved since then. I think I can find 20 strokes

Might have a 3rd.

1 Like

Also need 1 to play Echo Valley in DSM sunday at 1148 if anyone wants to join.

1 Like

Also if there’s any early risers, I’m playing Hidden Hills in Bettendorf at 7:30am on Saturday.

If there is still room for one more I can ask a buddy of mine I usually play with. I know he has played out there a couple of times before. He isnt on the refuge though.

I’d play with you guys. I’m not a member though, so how much is a guest round?

1 Like

Honestly guest rounds are not well priced. Usually $70-80. Sometimes the guys in shop will charge less before we go off. So may not know until we tee off.

Has anyone done a club fitting at UGolf in Dubuque, and if so what was your experience like?

Or, if you’ve done a fitting elsewhere that you would recommend, I’m all ears.

Havent done a fitting there but my dad and his buddies go there a lot in the winter and I believe know the owner. Seemed like it would be a good spot.

1 Like