Roll Call: Houston

If anyone gets to San Antonio I would love to get a round in.

Considering dropping my membership at Tomball Country Club and moving to Gleannloch Pines (still have to remember not to call it Farms since it was our home course in high school) given that I’m currently paying $250/month for unlimited play and unlimited carts at Tomball and I have a feeling they’re going to bump our dues pretty soon as they’ve already bumped them up for new people and we’re grandfathered in at a lower rate, while Gleannloch is apparently $350/month for unlimited play and unlimited carts with the added benefit of an actual driving range which you can use as much as you want plus 9 more holes, a better layout, and actual amenities (food, a clubhouse, etc.).

My only concern that I need to ask them about is Gleannloch is a semi-public course so I’m curious how they handle tee times for members vs the public. And also Tomball has no tee times which can be a blessing and a curse, while Gleannloch is tee time only I believe.

I doubt anyone here is a member but if you are and can speak to it let me know.

1 Like

I play Gleanloch quite a bit, don’t know much about the membership but the course is not great right now. My dad plays with guys that are members on Saturday’s, and I generally play while I am in town. It used to be pretty descent, but I think they are undergoing new superintendent maybe and I know they have a new head pro.

1 Like

Can someone shoot me the STROHs Whatsapp / Discord link?

I found the google doc and added my info, but being only a single cup of coffee in this morning couldnt find the other links (or main thread).

I don’t think the Houston group has a WhatsApp chat going. I know the Austin/San Antonio and Dallas groups do.

If you find out otherwise, shoot me the info.

I’m in the Au/SA one but don’t think we have one for Houston. Easy to set one up though.

@RMcCall I believe is the keep of the “STROHS” whatsapp. @Jdonelson can add you to the group message board

1 Like

Here’s the link:

1 Like

Cheers brother

@Jdonelson could you kindly shoot me a STROHS invite when ya get a chance?

Thank you!

Went ahead and made a Houston WhatsApp group today. Pulled a few of you in from the other group but I know there are plenty more.

Here’s the join link:

Stroh’s invites are pretty informal, lol. I’ll add you guys to the group board on the refuge - that’s where we post specific tournament updates. Please make sure you have notificaitons turned on for that board.

Add your name to the list here - South Texas Refuge Roost - Southern Texas Roost Of Hospitality (STROHs) - Google Sheets, so that I have your handle, GHIN, and email address. I try and post message board posts AND send emails when the updates are meaty (like tournament signups).

Read about what we’re doing this year here - STROHS Manifesto - Google Docs. The Muni Tour is going on now and you can jump in there any time. We’re in the middle of the Match Play, but entries are closed. We’ll do at least two more tournaments before July, so keep your ears out.

Welcome aboard!

2 Likes

I have a Tuesday 10am Gus tee time, if anyone wants to join me. All 3 other slots available. Will release any unclaimed in the morning.

@troubleleft and @PushCutsOnly and @TXUte and @kreich and @Kwd and @RZinDC you should all have access to STROHs group/board on here. LMK if you don’t.

Did I miss any of the recent Stroh’s signups?

3 Likes

If the STROHS matchplay thread is the only one than ive got it - thank you!

There should be four threads in this “community” - https://refuge.nolayingup.com/c/community/strohs/63.

Got it now - thank you!

Finally popping my High Meadow Ranch cherry Friday. Ts & Ps that my cut cooperates. :thinking:

2 Likes

Hitting it straight is definitely the key out there for success.

3 Likes

Also, hope it moves quickly for ya. Tried to play last weekend and it took over 3 hours to play 12. Course was absolutely slammed.

1 Like