Roll Call: Houston

Will be in Houston for NAPE Wednesday-Friday if anyone else is around

Best,

1 Like

Had a good weekend down in houston. Ninfa’s and Nancy’s hustle were our favorite places we ate, though all the food we had was fantastic. Thanks to those who provided the recs!

4 Likes

Ninfas on nav is the TRUTH

3 Likes

Planning a trip back home in March and definitely gonna try and get to Memorial or Gus. @RobertHunter what say you good sir?

Also, any Conroe/Woodlands peeps in here? My pops and i usually play Panorama when we’re home, pretty fun little track.

If I’m randomly at the Houston office when you are, I’m 100% down. Let me know what the dates end up being and I can try and find an excuse haha.

Sounds good. @tucker you going to be out of town any time in march?

I’ll be tied up Feb 29/March 1 weekend and March 21/22 weekend. Any other weekend, I’d love to get out and play either one

1 Like

Memorial has 30-day advance times now which makes the course actually bookable. Gus seems to always have tee times available.

3 Likes

That’s what I’ve heard. Definitely doing that.

Anyone interested in playing Gus Wortham on Friday afternoon? @krkclark and I were planning on meeting up but the teesheet is wide open for a 4-some if there are takers

2 Likes

I’d be down if people want to get together the weekend after the Alamo Duel (Feb 29sih)

2 PM is booked for Friday at Gus. We’ve got 2 slots open!

1 Like

Re-posting this here instead of travel planning:

Greetings from the Far North,

My lady and I are going to be in Houston at the end of March (Thu 26th to Sat 28th). Planning on playing:

• Memorial Park (using the new 30 day advance booking)
  • Gus Wortham
  • 3rd course?
    Have yet to decide which dates/times we are playing

Checking in to see if there are any locals looking to join up for Thu, Fri or Sat rounds. We are mid 30s, 8&16hcp, and we think we’re pretty cool. Also open to suggestions for a 3rd course. Keeping in mind we fly out at 7pm Saturday, would prefer a morning tee time and a course that has a locker room.

which airport are you departing from? There’s good options near both.

Hey @3wiggle, we’re flying out of IAH

Cypresswood or Golf Club of Houston would probably be your best bets for Saturday. Give us a shout closer to the week of and I might be able to join.

I’d be down to look into booking a tee time at Traditions course at Cypresswood on Saturday morning for four people.

Late to the thread. Look forward to following/meeting a few. Cypress, TX here.

played Memorial Park this morning and it was too damn good. I can hardly believe what Doak did with the ground there. next time I’m in town I’ll make sure to cover a weekend so I can meet some of y’all for a round somewhere.

6 Likes

It’s just special! So much more nuance to it now and the green complexes are :man_cook: chef’s kiss

1 Like