Roll Call: Houston

Hell yeah

10 Likes

Alright. We got 16! Gonna do some spreadsheeting and work up a more detailed post (probably in the events section).

1 Like

@mdavis wait you live near Copperfield but play out of Mont Belvieu? Or am I confused?

yes that’s correct. Family and golf friends still live in Mont Belvieu so when I get the chance to play (which is rare right now), I go play over there. I’ve played a little bit over here in Copperfield, but haven’t found playing partners/a comfortable home course. It’s worth the hour drive for me. But I can play wherever in Houston if needed @desperateunder105

1 Like

Sounds good! I’m trying to put pools together by geographical area. Wanted to make sure I knew where you were at.

1 Like

No worries. I can play wherever you need me to play!

Thank you for your service

We’re live.

5 Likes

Just seeing all of this match play stuff (I’m not on here much), but I’d definitely like to be the 1st alternate if I can. Although, I’m seeing my handicap is significantly higher than everyone else’s (17-18) :confused: but I do have a GHIN and I’m centrally located inside the loop! Looks like a fun little competition.

No low-cap-privilege with this group. We could theoretically create another pod if we get three more interested. But you’re in as first alternate.

Wouldn’t be terrible idea honestly

1 Like

In town for the tv show through November. Would love to get in on the matchplay, although my schedule is very hard to predetermine down days. Played Wildcat Highlands last weekend and had a great time. Would be great to see and meet some of ya’ll while in your town.

1 Like

When you say TV show, you mean Top Chef?

I’m always down for a refuge get together! Gus and Memorial are a must play while here.

1 Like

When I say TV show, I do mean Top Chef.

Thank you for those reccs! I will absolutely get on both of those.

4 Likes

Nice! Love the show. And enjoy Houston while you’re here! Better Sep-Nov than that July/August weather…

4 Likes

Woah, woah, woah you can’t just parachute in saying you’re working on Top Chef without some details. What do you do on the show?

2 Likes

I agree. Top Chef is one of my favorite shows. Might have to debrief him over a round of golf…of course only what he’s allowed to share!

How much he’s allowed to share may change based on BAC levels

haha! yeah. I am a sound mixer on the show, so i hear everything. pretty fascinating job, to say the least.

2 Likes

I’m just now seeing this too. And don’t feel bad, my handicap eclipses everyone’s. That said, I truly enjoy this game and am down to play in and around the Houston area.

1 Like