Roll Call: Houston

@Darikashi get in on this match play.

1 Like

Just a few questions in the event this actually comes together.

1 Like

I’ll join in, in Mexico at the moment though so I’ll check it out when I get home tomorrow

2 Likes

Let’s use the directory to drive traffic!
@bp3636 @JackieDaytona @johking @jvanvalen @JY3 @NickMUK @Sammy.Roy @shea @Stelske
Come and join!

6 Likes

What’s the timeframe we are thinking for this? My October weekends are absolute trash.

I was thinking, assuming we have enough interest, that a “start date” sometime early to mid October would be ideal. But scheduling will likely be super flexible. Like I’ll say “get your pool-play matches done by X date. Then, get your first round knock-out match done by this date. etc.”

Also, while the point of this is to create regular opportunities to play competitive golf in Houston, I don’t necessarily feel constrained by the calendar year. Especially since Houston golf season is October to April.

All that said, I also have a busy October and November, but I will definitely still be playing golf.

One final point, I asked in the survey whether the matches should be 9-holes or 18-holes. If we end up doing pool play for seeding purposes, it might work well to make the pool matches 9-holes.

2 Likes

I’d consider getting involved but it could be difficult with being a student still and thus not having a ton of time not to mention the fact that honestly my game sucks ass at the moment haha

All are welcome, regardless of game status. Rule number one of refuge golf is to call your opponent a sang bagging liar and force them to give you more strokes.

And we’re talking minimal time commitment here. Estimate 6-10 rounds over the next 4-6 months.

Well that’s good to know for sure, I’ll definitely consider getting in

1 Like

I’m In!

2 Likes

Does @Drewski still live in Houston? Trying to remember all of the guys on the Houston team from the Buccees/Texas Cup. Birdie Par Birdie

1 Like

I just added myself to the spreadsheet.

I assume @desperateunder105’s comp is Tom Herman because he’s a drunk piece of shit?

3 Likes

I’m also confused by the “golf season” he keeps referring to

1 Like

Unsure, I just used the directory for anyone that felt comfortable listing their location. Don’t want to dox someone that doesn’t want that info out there

Still here!
I think I’ve played four times since the Buc-ee’s Cup and those rounds have been all over the place.
In other words, I’m in!

4 Likes

Love to see Tomball CC in the rota.

1 Like

It would be sick if we could get three more people for an even 16!

2 Likes

I should be able to play. Gonna be in Brazoria County for a little while thanks to hurricane Nicholas.

4 Likes

oooooooh boy, we like that.

We’re looking for two more.

2 Likes

Added myself initially, will go back and add a handicap later when I’ve got time. Was rushing out the door haha.

1 Like