Regular Green Fee (Open-2:50 pm):
Advance Fee of $15.00
• $38.00 walking
• $49.00 riding
OR
Twilight Green Fee (3:00 pm-close):
• $28.00 walking
• $36.00 riding

These fees will be charged during the booking process.
If you cancel at least 4 days prior to your scheduled tee time, your fees will be refunded.

2 Likes

Haha I appreciate it, but I meant what time in the morning on the clock.

15 of my friends and I are playing a Ryder Cup style tournament at Mustang Cat’s private course the weekend before Thanksgiving. We have the whole place to ourselves and it didn’t cost us anything as two of the guys work at Mustang. Looking at it on Google Earth, it seems like it’ll be a lot of fun. No rough, barely any trees, even less water, and the fairways are wide. We’re going to play 4 sets of 9, with different play styles, the last 9 being singles matches.

I’m really looking forward to it. My buddy even got us all custom putter headcovers with our logo for the tournament and the year.

2 Likes

Midnight

1 Like

Sweet 1 am eastern, gonna be a late night!

1 Like

Best of luck. The 14-day advance times are easier to get than the 3-day prior 6 AM release of the tickets.

2 Likes

Do you really have to do it at midnight on the spot? Is it tight enough to need the fields to be filled out automatically?

I haven’t had to do it immediately with the advance times, but I rarely am looking for a foursome. Day after thanksgiving too will be popular too

1 Like

Will report back please nobody on here play on Friday after Thanksgiving thx u

2 Likes

Got to play that course one time when I was much newer to golf. Would love to go back - it was incredible to me at the time. And I think they’ve done more too it since I’ve been been out there

1 Like

I ended up snagging 8:20 AM Saturday morning at Gus Wortham for 3. Anyone interested in joining?

If you don’t mind playing with a new gui on the Refuge and still got space, I’m down! Love playing at Gus

1 Like

We’ve done it. 8:40 at memorial on the 27th!

1 Like

We’ve still got 1 spot…one of my buddies and I are the only ones playing now. I’ll DM ya.

Ugh, the pre-Thanksgiving week has been slammed for me as all my customers want to schedule calls before they’re out.

My buddy invited me to play in a Klein ISD Charity tournament today because Patrick Reed had donated a bunch of money to the organization and they gave him 2 teams as a thank you but I had too many calls and couldn’t make it. My other friends got to go and Patrick actually showed up to hang out for a while. Really wishing I could have cancelled all these dumb calls now.

Edit: What makes it worse is that my dad is ALSO playing in the tournament and didn’t tell me

1 Like

The company I worked for played in that Klein ISD tournament. Ironically there was a Cy-Fair ISD tournament at Blackhorse the day before.

1 Like

Houston friends, heard Raveneaux was advertising being open to the public now.

I know the county bought it with a short term lease back and is going to use at least some of it for floodwater retention that is really needed in that area. Any word on whether they’re going to retain the course or what the current course condition is like?

Wondering if it might be worth a play if I make it down for Christmas this year.

My understanding is the county is converting most or all of the course into a rentention pond. I figure they’ll keep the tennis courts, maybe the pool and the clubhouse? No idea honestly.
As for the course condition, I played it with my dad at the beginning of the month. Fairways were a little spotty and greens were smooth and fast, but rough was already growing weeds and hadn’t been mowed in a while. We played just to say we’d done so once, haven’t been back but I can’t imagine the course conditioning has improved.

1 Like

That makes sense. They really need the flood protection there, the lost the second 18 to the cause many years ago.

1 Like

H-Town crew: if you’re interested in a little comp between Texas areas next year please fill out this google doc from the Texas thread

3 Likes