Roll Call: Georgia/Tennessee Golfers

Brand new to the roll call. I’m in Chattanooga where it’s been raining since 2019. I can’t hit range balls at my club because it’s been weeks since they were able to pick any up (I slogged out to get a few and almost lost a shoe). Looking forward to making some new friends.

1 Like

Yo me too! Where do you play out of? And BTW Wilcox by the airport has been open.

chattanooga here, too.

1 Like

Valley Brook in Hixson is home along with Mt. Airy, Montlake and Battlefield (North GA). If you belong to one, you belong to all of them. I also enjoy Bear Trace at Harrison Bay from time to time.

Good to know about Wilcox! It finally dried out enough for me to play a few rounds. I want to play more but was just informed of the shelter in place order which came out today!! Looks like I’ll be practicing in the yard for awhile.

@Snaphook22 your question is best posed here.

Where’s our local Savannah-ites? Savannah-inians?

Either way. I’m going to be up in Savannah around the 1st of Oct. Currently I’m lusting over playing at Savannah Country Club, if anyone knows a member, wink wink.

Otherwise down for suggestions within about an hour drive.

I think Savannah Harbor Club is actually really fun.

Right now I’m torn between that and Old South Golf Trail

I’ll leave this here

1 Like

Good chance I’ll be in the Fairburn GA area in July. Can I get some suggestion on courses in the area?
Thanks!

Also- maybe in East of Knoxville TN (new market) in June. Can I get some some suggestions on a course in the area as well?
Thanks!

Hit me up when you’re in New Market. I’m a member at Patriot Hills in Jefferson City and there are other good courses in the area.

Also, my wife is from DFW lol.

1 Like

Will do!

Course conditions can vary, but in that area your best public options are to either go further east and play at the Sevierville courses (Highlands and River), head north for Three Ridges, or to roll the dice with Island Pointe (fka River Islands).

Hit me or the East Tennessee roll call thread up as well.

1 Like

A group of us are meeting up at Graysburg on 1/17, are you interested?

Ill play with you if you ever need someone. I’m a Murfreesboro guy who got out of grad school a year ago and looking to play a lot more.

Throwing this out for anyone who has interest in raising funds for a junior golf charity in Gainesville, FL

Sup fellas, checking in from Thompson’s Station.

Got a question for all of the Savannah, GA guys. Wife and I will be in town for 2 days next week and need to know any can’t miss bars/cigar lounges. Much appreciated!

update for the SSI mentioned above:

the date’s been moved to June 27th so the event isn’t on Father’s day and the Sunday of the US Open

I play college golf at Sewanee, please go look at that course. Matt in the pro shop will have good deals. Such a fun walk with good views

2 Likes