Roll Call: Georgia/Tennessee Golfers

One thing you may want to look into a place on the back of Lookout Mountain called Canyon Ridge. Recently was bought and renamed Macklemore Cove. It’s being completely renovated by Rees Jones and Bill Bergin, but it looks like it is going to be a great course, set to open up in April I believe. They are going to be private, and a developer just bought the neighborhood and is developing a lot of new homes currently, along with Hilton having bought a contract to build a new Hilton Curio hotel on the property. So they are essentially turning it into one of those cool golf destination/conference center type courses, so it sounds like it will be pretty awesome. My parents are looking into moving there for retirement, and have inquired about memberships and I believe they are decently reasonable. May be something worth looking into. A tad bit further away from Chattanooga itself than Lookout or Black Creek as the neighborhood is technically in an area called “Rising Fawn, GA” but it’s still an awesome place. Course and original neighborhood has been around since the early 2000’s and people in Chattanooga love it, so I’m really interested to see what it looks like after they reopen it.

I live in Murfreesboro, about 30 minutes south of Nashville.

If you have not played our muni, Old Fort Golf Club, you are really missing out on a great value. You can walk it for less than $40. It will be slow on a beautiful weekend but I still highly recommend the course.

Sweetens and Sewanee are both incredibly fun. Sweetens (rightfully) gets a ton of publicity on social media, but Sewanee deserves a lot more love than it receives. It is an absolutely beautiful setting and a great layout. Mind blowing that Sewanee and Sweetens are within 30 minutes of each other. We are so lucky to have them both in Middle TN.

Hit me up if you ever want to play some golf! I am a teacher and work on the TN Junior golf tour (Sneds Tour) in the summer so I have seen most of the courses in the area.

Crack on!

5 Likes

Paging @jcm3

1 Like

What do we have here. If you folks are looking for an Atlanta Muni / Semi-Private expert. I am almost certainly not your guy…but I do play some of them, and I love sucking at golf.

Browns Mill…Find me hacking there all the time.
Bobby Jones. Yep I love somehow shooting 48 on a very easy 9 holer, maybe even 53.
Stone Mountain Courses…Lets lose balls while looking at a rock with dead slave owners on it.
You more Fancy? Come meet me at the Frog, where I can be found attempting my third attempt at escaping the bunker on two.

1 Like

Never played AAC…but I did build the timber frame poolside pavilion. Hope ya like it!

2 Likes

Johnson City here. Too far east for most of you folks, but I’m down to play nonetheless.

headed up there tomorrow for business but won’t have time to play. I’ll hit you up next time i have a minute and we can go play. You ever make it west to Graysburg hills?

Yeah man Graysburg is fun. Holler at me next time and we will try and get out there.

Let me know when y’all do that. Also, maybe we meet in the middle in my neck of the woods - Knoxville. :golfing_man:

1 Like

I like that idea

Morristown Area here. Down for Graysburg or Willow Creek in Knox anytime. Both are absolute gems

Morristown has some good golf too. I like Millstone, Dandridge and Patriot Hills.

Feels like an East Tennessee meetup is brewing.

1 Like

redneck_games_05

Yeehaw boys

Murfreesboro resident here!

Going to the Knoxville Open web event this Sunday and was going to try to play somewhere in Knox Saturday afternoon. I played Willow Creek this past winter which was a great track with amazing greens. Any other notable, public courses I should look into?

Willow Creek is in pretty incredible shape right now. If you liked it, it’s literally across the street from the event so I’d recommend sticking with that. Easily the best public track in Knoxville.

Otherwise, for public tracks I’d say Avalon may be worth a look (just don’t walk it), or you could trot down to Windriver (also don’t walk it).

To be frank, Willow Creek is your best bet and I wouldn’t recommend any other public course over it.

1 Like

Thanks all for the Willow Creek recommendation. In town for a couple days and managed to get out for 9 last night after work. Super fun track. Going to have to find a way to get back and check out the back 9.

You should because the back nine >>>>> the front nine.

1 Like