Roll Call - GB & IRE

Actually Seignosse is a bit of a longer ride :grin:
But if Crane is as amazing as it looks, I guest it’s worth a long drive.

1 Like

Head up on a Friday evening and play a couple of the tracks up along there like Rosses Point and Enniscrone as well. It’s a lovely part of the country and well worth hanging out. Though maybe stay out of Sligo on a saturday night. It’s a bit spicy. And just stay away from Bundoran in general!

If anyone here lives around Dingle, my wife and I will be there for a week in early June. She has approved a few rounds of golf at Ceann Sibeal while I am there. Planning to rent some clubs from McGuirks in Tralee and pick them up on way from Shannon to Dingle. Would love to join any refugees.

1 Like

Unfortunately I only have that one day off. But I might squeeze a late 18 at Enniscrone on the way back. Is there such a thing as too much golf in one day ??
:slight_smile:

1 Like

Not to me!

2 Likes

Aberdeen based, play at Newmachar GC. Keen for any future Scotland meets

3 Likes

Well you certainly picked the right day to spend several hours driving the west. Did you change plans to rosses when you seen the boys would be there?

Actually I stick to Carne in the morning as I really wanted to play it and rightfully so as the course is absolutely amazing.
But as I was there I drove to Enniscrone after (27 holes was just not enough :grin:) and the boys were there :slight_smile:
Got to play a few holes and have a pint with them after. Really cool and the whole crew is even more welcoming and cool to hang with than you would imagine.
It was kind of a great day.
I’ll post a few pics of both Courses later in the thread.

Some pics of Enniscrone yesterday. Weather was tough but the course is amazing.

2 Likes

Weather was brutal in Carne, but the course is just a raw design between incredibly high dunes. I don’t think any picture can do it justice. But it’s probably the purest irish links experience you could get.

4 Likes

Hey Gents!
I’m from Clare and just moved back up to Dublin for work after a couple years in South America. Serious golf drought so would love to play some in and around Dublin over the Summer. Highly erratic 3 handicapper. Not a currently a member anywhere but would be great to get a regular group for a few games.

4 Likes

A 3 handicapper from Clare? I’m assuming you know your way around Carne then?

Yet to play there actually! So bloody remote I’ve never got around to it but planning on hopefully getting up that direction for a trip later on in the year. Carne, Enniscrone and Mulranny.

1 Like

We’ve got a little RACDG chapter going in GB & I this year if you’re interested. Played in Moortown & Alwoodley in March. Playing Princes & Deal in October, which should be fun.

Yeah it’s a plane ride but we’ve got members in Holland, Norway, Finland and Spain!

2 Likes

Sounds awesome, count me in! I’m going to be over in the UK quite a bit so I am sure I can make it work.

2 Likes

Let me know when that trip is planned for. I’d love to join too.
Phil

1 Like

Did I loop you into the GB&I group already Phil?

Cad - what are we looking at in terms of October dates? I’m probably struggling due to my Spain golf trip and family holiday.

I’m nit actually sure but I’ve just chased my contact there about an hour ago.

Ultimately I want it as cheap as possible but as early in the autumn as possible for the weather, but we’ll see.

Late Sept / early Oct with Nov prices would be nice. But I’m waiting for them to come back and tell me when they could accommodate us.

Greetings, gentleman.

I am an American who will be studying abroad in Dublin from September 1st-December 21st, but while I am a total golf sicko, I am struggling with the decision to bring my clubs. I know I am going to play some golf when I’m over there but I’m just not sure how much due to a variety of factors.

Do you guys think there is enough low-cost golf in the area to justify bringing the sticks, or would you recommend just renting clubs here and there? Cheers