Roll Call - GB & IRE

Hey all. I’ll be at Royal County Down on Sunday August 6. We had five tee times, four at 3:50 and one at 4:00 playing as a single.

One guy has backed out so we’ll just keep the four-ball but I can’t cancel the single tee time without being billed full price.

Would anyone want this? It’s 325EU and RCD is sold out for August completely for visitors (which makes it a bit lame they won’t refund it at all, but that’s the policy we paid for this with, so there you go).

My friend will simply eat the cost, and that’s on him, but if we can find someone to sell it to, that would be even better.

2 Likes

Hi everyone,

I have been living in East London for a couple of months now trying to figure out the golf scene. I am a decent golfer, been playing for more than 20 years. The last 5 years I played in South America and the previous 5 years in the Bay Area in California.

I’ve been following NLU since the very beginning. Anyone willing to help out? I’ll get you a beer. I also read there is a Whatsapp group?? I need to connect after this never ending winter!

5 Likes

Update: the tee time at RCD has been claimed (by an RACDG Ireland member who I am not sure is on the Refuge.)

2 Likes

A Gail’s Bakery is hilarious. And true. Their hot chocolate is next fucking level.

1 Like

Hi everyone, new member to the Nest, American transplant living north side of Dublin (Donabate) for the last 4 years. It’d be great to get connected to others around the island.

2 Likes

That’s @The_Cad_Says music…

Can we get the Prof here invited to RACDG Ireland please?

On it…

Good Evening, friends. I have a tee time at Royal Belfast on June 6 at 08:40 AM.

Disappointingly, I am now going to be unable to make the tee time. There are no refunds, but I can transfer the Tee Time to a friend/family/acquaintance.

Anyone interested?

1 Like

All - I have an extra spot in a fourball at Tralee in August, Tuesday the 22nd at 10:15. They won’t refund us but if someone would like to play with us and take the tee time that would be great. Please let me know if you’re interested.

1 Like

Hey,

Been lurking for some time and am lost in thread after thread of USA based events and rounds!

Recently moved from Hertfordshire to Richmond so getting to grips with the golf scene in SW London.

Always up for a round or a friendly competition. Is this the best thread for any GB based tournaments etc?

1 Like

That’s @Wabinez and @The_Cad_Says music.

Welcome. There is obvs a lot of golf in SW London and an extremely active group of 200+ GBI golfers who are Refuge adjacent.

Just went down an RACDG rabbit hole on google, how does one go about joining?

1 Like

Hi All, long time listener of the pods but new member to the Nest - Live in the Nottingham area and member at Hollinwell. Always up for hosting some guests and travelling around to play some new courses and meet new people. Cheers

4 Likes

Oh boy, you are about to be popular!

@Jon is our Roost Captain. Our leader. Our guide.

I am sure he will be able to sort yourself and @BK91 out to ensure you hit the right groups!

All of our fun happens and gets arranged on Whatsapp as there are so many of us

3 Likes

Sounds good! Will look out for a message

1 Like

Nearer 500 of us now! :joy:

5 Likes

Just joined the refuge and moved to Dublin 3 months ago to work at Royal Dublin. Would enjoy playing a game with NLU fans around here.

5 Likes

@The_Cad_Says is the man to help you out there.

He’ll get you into the RACDG Ireland WhatsApp and then we can all invite ourselves down to Royal Dublin!

2 Likes

Thanks and absolutely!

1 Like

Hey guys!

I’ve been following NLU for years and now and finally took the plunge into the refuge.

I’m a French guy who moved to Cambridge about 6 years ago. Thought that moving from France to England I’d have loads of good golf courses around me - boy was I wrong as Cambridge is mostly barren of good golf courses. However, many many good golf courses in the 90-120min drive range.

Would love to get involved in some of the UK peoples groups around here.

Best,
Greg

4 Likes