Roll Call - GB & IRE

Message sent :+1:t2:

1 Like

7 days till Royal Dublin

2 Likes

Hey folks - the member directory suggests there’s only four Irish Nesticles which I am thinking is either quite wrong or you guys are sort of shy, which also doesn’t ring true.

I’m knee deep in planning a massive trip in August 2023, and while some of our tee times are booked and full, we are still getting others solved for and may have a spot or two. Would be fun to meet some of you! The courses are (and to answer the question, bragging camp is going fine):

• The Island
  • County Louth
  • Royal County Down
  • Royal Portrush
  • Portstewart
  • Ballyliffin
  • Rosapenna (St Patrick’s)
  • Nairn & Portnoo
  • Enniscrone
  • County Sligo
  • Carne (all 27 holes)
  • Lahinch
  • Ballybunion
  • Dooks
  • Tralee
  • Waterville
  • Dingle
  • Old Head
  • Portmarnock

Whew! What’s insane is that I just did that from memory. Been staring at this itinerary for some time. If you would like to join in, or are a member at one of those courses and would be willing to provide a tour to some American heathens, we would be much obliged to buy a round or five or otherwise so right by you.

This is for August 2023, to reiterate and yes, I’m a bit overexcited about it.

2 Likes

We have quite a few more than 4 Irish folk in the group…and I’m definitely aware of a member of at least one of those.

@The_Cad_Says - you are certainly more linked, as Irish champion after RCD in November…

2 Likes

Not sure if I’m in the members directory. We are small enough that we mainly communicate on WhatsApp.

I’m a member at the Island and would be delighted to meet up and show you around. How many of you are playing? What date are you playing, i have two weddings already in the books for august next year.

1 Like

There are 46 people in the Ireland WhatsApp. Do more than 4 and all
Pretty active. Sure you can get some folk lined up for a round and a pint. Might join you myself. :+1:

2 Likes

Hey - our tee time is the afternoon of August 4, for four of us though potentially I’ll need to add another tee time if others actually commit to the trip. Would be great if it worked out!

As we get closer I will try to remember to jump into that and chat with folks as that sounds delightful!

2 Likes

Nice. I should be around that day so i can come down to say hi and show you around.

1 Like

The problem of the organizer.

It’s insane to me that these guys are 18 months out and are not able to say “Yes, I’d like to spend one week playing world class courses in Ireland. I’ll make the time.” Priorities, I guess.

1 Like

Lack of spine
Just commit

Not to jump @greebs here but I’ll be in Co Kerry from Sept 27th - October 2nd or so…

Have rounds lined up at Dooks, Waterville and Tralee in that order if anyone is around. Will just be a buddy and I so up to meet up with anyone for a pint or whatever you can!

1 Like

I am leaving for Ireland and Northern Ireland in a week and will post final schedule if anyone wants to meet up.

2 Likes

Just going to miss you. I’m off tomorrow but taking the ferry back to Scotland for a match on Friday.

1 Like

Heading to Ayr after Ireland to play there for a week.

1 Like

Hi,

Like many I am sure, long time listener, first time poster.

Early 30s golf nut living in Richmond near London and a member of West Hill. Keen to get some beers or games in.

Cheers

4 Likes

DM sent!

1 Like

Welcome aboard… there are a few West Hill members on the Refuge and in the Flock

1 Like

No idea what’s going on here but looking to get involved in some way!

Member at West Hill & Saunton G.C.

When’s the next meet?

3 Likes