Roll Call - GB & IRE

Playing Royal Aberdeen on Weds. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

4 Likes

Will be class in this weather! Best conditioned course up this way I reckon. Trump is nice on the eye but RA is silk!

1 Like

Loved RA. and its neighbour Murcar.

2 Likes

Love Cruden Bay… for me it is the most ‘fun’ course in the UK. Lots of great 1/2 par holes, enough quirk to be interesting and views which keep getting better.

You are a lucky man to call that place home

4 Likes

Hi all,

Just joined the Nest/Refuge and looking to hear more about it! Based in Dublin but would love to get involved with any events/meet ups happening in UK and Ireland.

Thanks!

3 Likes

Hi Neil. Welcome aboard.

A grown-up will be along shortly to do a better job than me of explaining the RACDG.

• A very active WhatsApp group, with an Irish Annex
  • Organised 4 majors a year, plus plenty of other meet-ups as well

There’s a members map for the RACDG too. Hopefully link works:

[I give up. There’s a really good member map, honestly]

2 Likes

DM me if no ones done so about getting you into the RACDG…

Mangetout fellow refuge goers.

Long time watcher/subscriber, first time poster.

Living in and around the Bristol arena and looking to play as much golf as possible plus meetings/events. Anyone fancies a game, give me a shout.

2 Likes

Good evening ladies and gents.
I am traveling from the US by way of Alabama for about 10 days in London.
I will be staying in the Bushwood area and wondered what your course recommendations would be. The place ive seen online that is reasonably close is Royal Blackheath. Any must plays while i am in the area?

1 Like

Unfortunately you are on the wrong side of town for most of the must play courses. Blackheath is worthing seeing for the history. If you had a full day spare you could look at getting the train down to play some of the Kent links courses like Royal St Georges and Cinque Ports. It is a relatively straight forward journey from Stratford.

If you have time and want to come over to Surrey and play some heathland courses, let us know.

Hey guys,
I’m planning to be in Fife/St Andrews Scotland as a single on 27th and 28th of July all the way from New Zealand. Hoping to get through a couple of courses, give me a yell if you’re in the area and keen to book a tee and get out for a game!

Morning all. I’m headed up to St Andrews on Monday. Really desperate to play the Old Course. Long shot I know but is anyone in the area next week and keen to try the ballot with a fellow Refuge member?

Cheers,

Nick

Hello all!

Longtime pod listener, first time poster on Refuge.

Based in Bangor, Northern Ireland and a member at Royal Belfast GC. Looking forward to getting involved with any events!

Pete

2 Likes

@mattwallbank @NdHickman @Pete91M Busy in here today. Welcome. DM me your phone numbers and I’ll get you linked in with the various chats where it’ll be easier to arrange games.

4 Likes

Ladies and gentlemen! I will be passing through Glasgow / area mid-May - looking for a links round on Monday 16th. The obvious choice is try and squeeze a round in on one of the big names, but I’d much rather play with someone local-ish on a course of their choosing…

Would anyone be interested in making something work? I’ll have a car, staying in Glasgow Sunday night, and will be flexible on location / timing. Let me know if this is of interest to anyone. Cheers!

2 Likes

I’m speaking to the group now….we may well have something in the pipeline for you. I’ll ping you a DM once we get some more details :+1:t2:

3 Likes

https://refuge.nolayingup.com/t/roll-call-scotland/2907/147?u=jameshcard

Throwing this here too in case there’s anyone else that might be able to help me out.

1 Like

I’m new here based just west of Glasgow

How many west coast of Scotland members do we have?

1 Like

Hey Chris, there’s lots of us in the RACDG, the GB&I Roost for NLU. There are lots of lads based on the west coast - Glasgow/Ayrshire. If you want to get involved @Wabinez will sort you out.

Thanks that sounds great
Hopefully @Wabinez can help