Roll Call: Fort Myers/Naples

Has anyone played Heron creek? What are your thoughts?

Newer Nest Member here from The Carolinas, my folks recently moved to Cape Coral, so will be down that way every so often looking to hit the links.

1 Like

Iā€™m down in December often and sometimes in the Spring. Iā€™d love to hit FMCC with some of you next timeā€¦

Underrated pro shop at FMCC, too.

2 Likes

Iā€™m playing Heron Creek today, will let you know how it goes.

1 Like

Since I moved to Punta Gorda, I like Heron Creek and Riverwood the best

1 Like

Heron Creek was awesome, pace of play was 4 hours. Everything in good shape. Lot of water but we played from 6300 and it was a good time.

1 Like

Can highly recommend Leroyā€™s Southern Kitchen and FM Donā€™s. Great food and drinks at both.

Just moved to Fort Myers from St Pete. Iā€™m a short golf cart ride from Fort Myers CC. Iā€™ve been frequenting the bar there, but have yet to play. Currently on the wait list at Cypress Lakes. If anyone wants to get a game together this coming weekend, give me a shout. I can host at Cypress ($115 guest fee) or would love to play FMCC.

2 Likes

Coming to Cape Coral next week, hoping to get out Thursday late morning - would be just me playing, and my Dad will ride along, his arm is all messed up so he canā€™t golf sadly, FMCC the best bet? Anyone want to join?

My parents are moving to the Ft. Myers area. Theyā€™re casual golfers and have never had a private membership. They are looking at joining Plantation Golf and Country Club. Curious if anyone here has insight on the course and/ or the membership?

I did some searching in the refuge and nothing popped.

My parents have lived there for ~10 years now and Iā€™ve played the course dozens of times. Course is great, it has water because Florida but itā€™s very playable & strategic. Hurdzan Fry design. From what Iā€™ve seen membership is super friendly & active - I think my parents have more friends in Florida than they do back in WI at this point. Feel free to message with any particular questions and Iā€™ll try to answer.

1 Like

Any worthy public courses? Iā€™m a ā€œstrappedā€ kind of guy and might be looking to play in Late July. I see Fort Myers CC is getting at lot of love but any options in the Naples area?

Anyone in this thread close to old corkscrew?

Iā€™m putting together a pencil display for my dad for some memorable trips weā€™ve had and I donā€™t have a pencil from old corkscrew to include.

Happy for shipping and for a few drinks if anyone is able to ship to me.

Thanks!

Iā€™m a short golf car ride away from FMCC as well. Maybe when its not so busy out there we can get out and play. Iā€™m sure there are enough of us here to get a group or two.

2 Likes

@ThunderDan may have a few Nest members near you. Will have to hit up @DrJBone when I am down next winter!

2 Likes

I just found out from my job that I will be in Ft Myers for most of the next two months. Hoping to tee it up with some fellow refugees over the coming weekends. Any suggestions as where to hang out for the final round of the Masters, this will be the first time I years I wonā€™t be home for it and sitting alone in a hotel does not do this holiest of days justice!

Letā€™s make it happen! Twilight 9 or weekends work best for me.

1 Like

I played FMCC last week and it was great. Let me know if yall head out!

2 Likes

Heading to Naples next Thursday for a wedding from Atlanta, I believe weā€™re playing Naples Grande on Thursday. I am not in the wedding, but my girlfriend is leaving me some serious free time. Any where around yā€™all suggest to get out to?

Looking to play this weekend, anyone heading out and willing to bring a displaced Virginian into the fold?