Roll Call: Fort Myers/Naples

I’m up in Tampa but join us in our roost!

2 Likes

Let us know when you get here and get settled. We’ll definitely get out and play

1 Like

Will do!

Just a warning that this guy is a Gophers/PJ Fleck fan. Proceed with extreme caution….

2 Likes

Catching a drive by here. You’re a bad guy @BaxterMSP.

:man_shrugging:t2:

Is it really a drive by since I said the same thing to your face in Jax?

1 Like

Pretty sure it’s been mentioned before, but Fort Myers CC is a great muni and a very fun track. Hopefully see you out there

5 Likes

count me in if you’re ever looking to put a group together out there.

also has one of the better outdoor bars if you’re into that sort of thing

1 Like

I’ll reach out once I’m moved and settled. Looking forward to it

Heading to Ft Myers at the end of the month for 6 days to play with a few buddies. Any great restaurants we should be checking out while we’re there?

@loosh do you live in the area?

No sir, my parents have a place in Punta Gorda so I make it down once or twice a year. I ended up playing Fort Myers CC, Riverwood Golf Club and Heritage Landing (because it’s so close).

FMCC is a great albeit quirky course that I would definitely play again. Not an ideal course for an out-of-season player, but you end up with so many different types of tee shots, approach shots, and around-the green shots, I really enjoyed it.

Riverwood is my go-to for the area - a “public” course with some character and solid conditioning.

Heritage Landing is a soulless abyss that I’d rather avoid at all costs.

2 Likes

I live in Punta Gorda, we have only a small contingent of Nest members here in the Fort Myers/Naples/Port Charlotte area. Let us known when you make it back down this way. I like Riverwood too. Also check out Heron Creek in North Port next time you’re here if you haven’t played it before.

Great restaurants may be a stretch. I’ll try to come up with a few spots to check out. What’s the vibe of the trip and where approximately in Fort Myers are you staying? Wives coming? Any types of food preferred or specifically not wanting?

So many great eats in Southwest Florida.

Grimaldi’s Pizza in the BellTower.

Roy’s Hawaiian Fusion off Bonita Beach Road just north of Terry Ave. on 41.

Spanky’s Speakeasy on Airport Pulling in Naples, on the canal. Best beef in SWFla.

Chinese restaurant in the DoubleTree on 41 north of Immokalee.

Quick eats:

Pincher’s Crab Shack wherever you can find it, and Texas Tony’s BBQ. Same restaurant family.

1 Like

Just four guys in mid 40s escaping winter and family life for a week to golf. Vibe is low key…we will be playing 18-36 grabbing food and a few drinks every night before passing out from being old. I have no idea where in Fort Myers we’ll be staying…I haven’t been before and I’m in the backseat of the car for all the planning.

Awesome! That all sounds perfect. I’ll let you know my reviews of wherever we end up.

@JDinDelray - Texas Tonys is a solid recommendation, I always forget about that one being down in Naples. They have a 2nd location in Cape Coral now though, too.

Coffee and donuts from Bennett’s in downtown Fort Myers.
2011 Bayside Pkwy, Fort Myers, FL 33901

A burger from Jimmy P’s is a must, in my opinion. The Immokalee Road location is a great lunch spot.
1201 Piper Blvd #11, Naples, FL 34110

I’ve always liked RonDao’s for pizza and watching games
15320 McGregor Blvd, Fort Myers, FL 33908

Craft pizza and drinks: Nice Guys
1404 Cape Coral Pkwy E, Cape Coral, FL 33904

Dive bar and pizza: Mona Lisa
7091 College Pkwy #17, Fort Myers, FL 33907

Drunk late night pizza: Downtown House of Pizza (“DHoP”)
1520 Hendry St, Fort Myers, FL 33901

Another good restaurant along Cape Coral Parkway in addition to Nice Guys is Nevermind

Little Italian place my family & I like is Citrola’s
8841 College Pkwy, Fort Myers, FL 33919

Other good places off of the top of my head: Nomiki’s (Greek), Cristof’s (American), Iguana Mia (Mexican, my wife loves it there).

Plenty of good watering holes downtown - The 86 Room, Firestone Skybar (depending on the crowd, nice rooftop atmosphere).

Plenty more I’m sure I left off

1 Like

That’s a great start. Only going to be there for five nights so that’s perfect. Thank you.