Roll Call: Fort Myers/Naples

Looking for guys who want to get out and play now that summer rates will be kicking in and us non-retirees can get a tee time

1 Like

Hey man, I’m always looking for a game.

Where do you normally play?

Anyone playing in the Ft. Myers area next week? I’ll be down on Sanibel for 9 days and would love to get out for a round or two.

Has anyone played at Miromar Lakes in Estero next to FGCU?

Fort Myers here as well. Always looking for guys to tee it up around here and for some quick day trips as well.

@O.BKeeler - any interest in playing this weekend?

Yeah I’m down. I’m off Saturday. Where do you normally play?

Nowhere specifically, especially right now with many of the courses restricting outside play. Been procrastinating on getting a PGA pass.

Gotcha. Lemme ask around the next couple days and see what I can drum up besides the usual.

I saw this roll call was gaining some traction, so I’ll just leave this here.

Make sure to check the update on post 133 and sign up on the google sheet.

2 Likes

Hi all. I’m not sure which Florida thread to post in but I live in Boca Grande which is about an hour south of Sarasota but we’re technically in Lee County. I work for The Gasparilla Inn & Club. We have an 18 hole Pete Dye course on the water. Looking forward to connecting with some folks!

1 Like

@Uniballer - welcome! Happy to include you here and excited to see our group gaining some momentum. Hopefully we can all meet up soon.

1 Like

I was just up there for a wedding last November. That looks like a fun track!

1 Like

Welcome! Good to see the 239 and surroundings gaining some numbers on here. From those I’ve talked to in this thread, it looks like July is going to be best to all get together when more clubs are open. Is Gasparilla closed for summer?

Thank you! Yes unfortunately we close on June 21st and the rest of the month is jammed with people getting last minute vacations in.

1 Like

Hello FL crew. My father just moved not far from the Gasparilla and I’m excited to get down there and play it. What other courses in the area do you guys recommend? Best bang for you buck, and still interesting course. The rotonda courses do not look great.

How far are you looking to travel? If you wanted to head down to Fort Myers/Estero/Naples you’d have some pretty good options.

@brpryor22

I posted this yesterday - we have 2 similar threads going. I’m going to see if there’s a way to merge (or delete one) to keep continuity as a lot of the stuff overlaps.

https://refuge.nolayingup.com/t/fort-myers-naples-locals/6595/13?u=drjbone

2 Likes

I’m willing to travel.

1 Like

North of where your staying, Heron Creek is a great option if conditions are like they used to be. But as stated above, the world is your oyster with a PGA pass in Ft Myers/Naples, as long as clubs are open to outside play which as of today is only a few of the better places.

2 Likes