Roll Call: Fort Myers/Naples

Sorry just seeing this! Rotonda has several courses that are great for (very) cheap afternoon rounds with a few beers but they’re certainly not must play. Lemon Bay is semi-private and allows public play usually after June 1st. That’s where my group plays most of our summer rounds after Gasparilla closes and even though it’s short (6,264), we really enjoy it there. This would be my first choice for you.

We also dabble in Riverwood, Heron Creek and Sarasota National (actually located in Venice). All 3 are typical Florida courses with housing developments, forced carries over water, big alligators etc but they are generally very well maintained with decent greens. All are worth a visit!

2 Likes

Hello everyone. Hoping you guys can help me out. My dad lives in the Port Charlotte area and his game needs a tune up. He’s always been a pretty decent player and completely self taught. Usually a high 70’s golfer, but as with all of us time catches up. He’s almost refusing to see an instructor, because he’s only heard the negative. I want to gift him some lessons and if he was up here in Washington I know exactly who I’d send him to. Do you guys have any recommendations? Needs to be a personable coach who works well with older tight wads.

Adam Miller is probably the best in that area. Genuine guy, really knows his stuff, and an incredible player himself. His number is 941.380.1316.

2 Likes

What’s the private club scene like in Ft. Myers during the month of October? I’m usually down there during peak season so all the clubs are members only but I’ve been told that they’re somewhat open for public play during the off season. Any truth to this?

If so, what are the best tracks to look into? I’m usually stuck playing on Sanibel and would like to branch out a little bit. Appreciate the local advice!

1 Like

Good morning @BaxterMSP – in a normal year October is still pretty public-friendly, but depending on the club, thats when the prices start to tick back up. Also a lot of courses down here that would typically be playable in the summer were members-only this year on a case-by-case basis because of COVID. Truthfully I haven’t tried booking any tee times in >1 month so I don’t know the exact stance of some of the courses right now. Some good courses are mentioned above in the early June posts for you to check out and GolfNow is available too. Hope this helps, reach out again when you’re coming down, maybe a few of us could arrange a meet up.
-Jordan

Thanks, appreciate the feedback. I’ll take a look and see what shakes out. Currently hoping a round will work out for the Sanctuary through thousand greens, but we’ll see.

Hey all, got 5 of us driving down to play FMCC on Saturday afternoon and looking to get a 6th (or 7th & 8th!). We’ve got two tee times and want to do some type of 3 v 3 (or 4 v 4) competition. Anyone interested in joining? Around 2pm

Anybody going to be around for some play in December? Planning to spend about 3 1/2 weeks in the area, so hoping to get out a fair amount.

Was attempting to line up a round at Calusa Pines but that’s looking doubtful. Thinking FMCC and Old Corkscrew for sure, plus whatever else I can squeeze in. Let me know if anyone is looking to play!

2 Likes

Calusa is like 20% Minnesota folks. Don’t give up. And also do not snooze on Grey Oaks which has an excellent practice area and 2 courses that’ll make almost anyone believe they can actually play. Naples- Fun times.

1 Like

I will be down in Naples from Dec. 23rd through the end of January and am looking to play a lot as well!

3 Likes

Anyone trying to play this week/weekend near Naples?

Sunday morning I should be able to get out

1 Like

I could play Sunday morning. Where are you thinking? I haven’t played much in the area yet, so I’m down to check out anywhere.

Totally non-golf question - I’m in town for work and looking for a decent spot to get a steak. Any recommendations besides the usual suspects?

Jimmy P’s is hard to beat if your in Bonita/Naples

1 Like

@freesypop

Jimmy P’s is a great spot, their burger shops are awesome too

Roadhouse Cafe also has solid steaks
http://www.roadhousecafefl.com

1 Like

We are battling for the state. Get involved!

Ohioan here, will be in Fort Myers from November 3-9 for a wedding on the 7th. There is a possibility that I am able to bring my clubs with me, but I only want to bring my own if I can do at least 2 rounds. What would be recommended courses in the near Fort Myers area to hit? Probably will be out on weekdays but maybe Saturday.

Planning an 8 person golf trip for late January. Staying at a friend of a friends winter house. Does the Nest have any course recos? Willing to drive about an hour.

Moving to Fort Myers area in May, I tend to come down a few times in the winter, but permanently in May. Just seeing how many active members are in this area? Don’t know the golf scene much so any recommendations accepted!

3 Likes