Roll Call: Fort Myers/Naples

Hey everyone,

New to the forum and looking to connect with other golfers in the area who would be interested in forming a group to play with on a semi regular basis.

Our small group consists of guys in our late 20s/early 30s with handicaps ranging from 5-15.

Ready to tee it up, now that the snowbirds are heading north for the summer.

Jordan

Maybe someone can help- Iā€™m trying to figure out what golf course I played in the mid-90ā€™s with my father-in-law.

We were staying at Ft. Myers Beach and I believe we travelled north. I think I recall palm trees on the course and I think it was fairly new- I seem to remember a work trailer type building. May have had two parallel holes separated by a long pond or stream.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Basically describes every course in Florida. Do you remember anything else from the course?

2 Likes

Where are you at Dr? I live in Fort Myers, looking to get back out there now that rates are reasonable and traffic has subsided.

I usually play Fort Myers CC. Easy walk and is always in great shape.

@Shankcity basically Colonial & 75, agree on FMCC

Unfortunately, no.

Bump. Shoutout Fort Myers CC. Highly underrated.

1 Like

Hello Fort Myers locals!

Iā€™ll be in Fort Myers from March 26-29. Suggestions on where to play?

Thanks!

Sorry for the radio silence, havenā€™t been on here in a while. Can offer some suggestions but be aware that greens fees this time of year are significantly higher and accessibility of some of the nicer courses is less depending on your budget and connections.

Has anyone played at Miromar Lakes in Estero next to FGCU?

I have. One of my very favorites, but itā€™s hard to get onto. Start making assistant pro friends.

@DrJBone I hope this message finds you well. This thread really didnā€™t seem to take off like some of the other roll calls did, which is unfortunate.

HOWEVA, I will be in the fort myers/cape coral area this upcoming weekend. We will only be in town basically for a three day weekend, and Fort Myers CC is definitely on my list to play, but are there any other spots that I NEED to hit?

Also, down to play with this squad.

Good morning @Ty.Webb ! First of all, great name. I wish I had a better answer to the question of ā€˜must playā€™ when in town as its come up a few times. There are so many courses in the area and Iā€™ve only played a fraction of them personally. The other guys on the thread can correct me if Iā€™m wrong, but I think many courses that would normally be accessible this time of the year still have varying degrees of closure to the public because of COVID. Old Corkscrew comes up often - Nicklaus design and can be really punishing depending on how youā€™re playing. Golf in true sadist form. Throwing some other names out that you may enjoy and I think are open to the public: River Hall, Estero CC, The Forest, Tiburon, Verandah, Bonita National.

Hereā€™s a link to the South Florida PGA Golf Pass. Its an annual card that you can buy and get access to courses in the area. Iā€™m not suggesting that you buy one ($55) for a weekend trip, but it may serve as a guide to courses in the area that you could call to set up tee times.

https://www.sfpgagolf.com/participating-facilities/

Hope this helps. Iā€™d love to join, but heading up to Charleston this weekend.
Have fun and play well!
Jordan

All good suggestions by Jordan. I just played FMCC on Sunday and with all the rain weā€™ve had the past week they havenā€™t been cutting the greens as frequently. I may be getting the dates mixed up, but I think they could be aerating the greens this weekend. It may be worth a call to confirm.

Just to add a few others to the mix: Raptor Bay, Magnolia Landing, and Esplanade. As he mentioned, Iā€™m not sure of the availability with COVID.

1 Like

Can confirm FMCC is punching Monday.

Only other things I have been able to think of is that it was probably within a half hourā€™s drive or so from Ft. Myerā€™s Beach and that they had Cobra clubs for rent at the time.

You guise, Ft Myers CC was some of the most fun Iā€™ve had on a course in a long time. I might end up playing here again this weekend instead of going to another course. If I had something like this near me it would be an absolute no brainer to make it my home course.

3 Likes

So refreshing to hear someone appreciate it. Itā€™s not always in the best shape, but if you love D. Ross, youā€™ll appreciate the green complexes being SUPER ā€œRoss-yā€ at times. 100% a course you can play over and over. In addition to some awesome history.

3 Likes

Weā€™re running it back tomorrow. Canā€™t wait to get another shot at it.

1 Like

I used to live like five mins from the course. Couldnā€™t get enough of that place.

1 Like