Roll call Florida refugees

I’m going to be in Venice for the better part of a week in April visiting family. Are there any courses I should be sure to check out while I’m there? Is it worth the time in the car and the expense to make the pilgrimage out to Bowling Green to play one of the Streamsong courses and pay the public rate? Should I drive even farther out to play World Woods?

I appreciate the guidance.

1 Like

Raffle is live for the Abandoned Dudes Classic, there are some awesome prizes up for grabs!

I think Streamsong is resort stay only until May

1 Like

I appreciate the info. Any suggestions in the Venice area?

Venice, not personally I rarely play south of Sarasota. But depending on your price range in Sarasota I love University CC in Sarasota (offers public times) and Lakewood National are very nice tracks. Expensive this time of year (mid summer both are about 80 bucks)

Also those courses are about 20-30 minutes north of Venice. University CC has a pga superstore like 2 miles away too :ok_hand:t3:

30 more minutes north of Sarasota is Club Renaissance which is about 60 bucks and some of the best greens/$ ratio I’ve found, just driving range is at a sister course nearby.

1 Like

I am curious if anyone knows good courses in Venice specifically.

1 Like

My family has a house in that area, and there are some okay places. But nothing to write home about, I really enjoy the IMG Academy course in Sarasota and the Lakewood Ranch courses are pretty solid. As far as Venice area, Calusa Lakes in Nokomis isn’t too bad.

3 Likes

Long time listener, first time caller. Headed inbound to the Sarasota (possibly closer to Tampa) area on a permanent trip. Stoked to meet some people and put up a lot of bogeys.

13 Likes

Did somebody say bogeys?

2 Likes

I’m going to be in Daytona Beach from the 1st through the 8th.

I basically get 5 of the days to golf. If anyone wants to get together for a round let me know. I’ll have a rental car so I can travel. I do plan on hitting WP9 one of the days. Probably the Ross at the Daytona Beach Golf Club as well. I’m also contemplating hitting up Jax Beach as well. It’s about an hour and a half from where I’ll be, and I’d like play the course in better conditions than the NIT

Aside from that Id love to link up with some of you Sickos. So if anyone has any suggestions, etc., let me know.

4 Likes

If you can squeeze in New Smyrna Beach Golf Course, would highly recommend. Donald Ross, incredible green complexes.

2 Likes

Thanks. Its a short drive from where we’re staying so that looks promising.

Consider me in for at least one of these rounds. I’m about 90 mins out from wherever but I’ll be there

1 Like

Dig that. If there’s anything in in-between, or near you I can travel too. Let me know what’s convenient for you, as my schedule is extremely flexible.

1 Like

Let me know what day you’re thinking about doing WP9. I should be good most days besides the sixth.

2 Likes

How easy is it to get on? Monday the 4th or Tuesday the 5th work for you?

Pretty easy if we book it three days in advance which is the earliest you can as a non-member. The 4th or 5th work for me with the afternoons being easier.

1 Like

How’s Tuesday? Let me know the the time you prefer and we can go from there.

Tuesday works. I should be good for any time after noon. Paging @Big_RanDeer @dshaddy

1 Like

I’ll have to miss this one. I’ll be in Augusta…

2 Likes