Roll call Florida refugees

Playing tomorrow for the first time. Curious what I’m in for…

Gentleman, first visit in a while. Trying to get caught up, it appears the slack link is dead. Can you refresh?

Any group rounds on the books in the near future? We’ve got a couple daily games throughout the week here (thurs,fri,sun) and guests are always welcome, just let me know.

2 Likes

https://join.slack.com/t/splashofoj/shared_invite/zt-113jmevky-~RCeBbtiMsVpOe~6krcPzg

1 Like

New member here, based out of Tampa and Tampa Palms G & CC. Any other Tampa people?

4 Likes

I believe @2down is a member at Tampa Palms

2 Likes

@nolayovers is correct - I’m a member at Tampa Palms.

DM sent. Let’s tee it up sometime.

2 Likes

Splash of OJ

Tonight 9p

Launch Meeting - Zoom
Meeting ID: 929 4374 9480
Passcode: Mdh0hG

Event series will be the topic tonight, purpose of the call is to nail down the events schedule.

Format & Points Structure will be presented

1 Like

I’m in Tampa. Not a member at Tampa Palms but taking lessons there from Paul. Let’s play some golf sometime!

1 Like

Paul is the man. I’ve taken a few lessons from him as well. They really helped me out a lot.

1 Like

Florida Refugees! If you haven’t joined our Roost yet, get on it!

We have our first event next week and the deadline to signup is today, see all of our events here on this google doc.

Signup for the Roost here if you haven’t already!

1 Like

Hey guys, I’m gonna be in the Tampa area (Anna Maria Island) the 3rd week in March and am looking for some recommendations. The tentative plan is to trek to Streamsong for a day, but won’t know for sure since we can’t book until two weeks out. Looking for some other spots to hit on the south side, preferably some good bang for your buck. Not really looking to drive an hour and a half for World Woods or something like that. I’d happily make the drive, but I don’t think the old man wants anymore windshield time than I’m already making him commit to. Thanks!

1 Like

Hey all, greetings from Michigan where it hasn’t got above 25 degrees in weeks. Also looking for recommendations - I’m going to be in Bonita Springs in early March, wondering if there are any hidden gems within a half hour of that area? I’m bringing my clubs, my dad may tag along if the rest of the family is getting boring and just use a set of rentals or borrow mine. Not trying to break the bank (although if there’s a can’t miss course I’d be OK with it).

Some courses that are down in that area that i’ve played are Lakewood National, esplanade and waterlefe. They have a KFT event at Lakewood National, Esplanade is a fairly easy track and Waterlefe is a bit tougher with a ton of water (as the name implies)

1 Like

Also look into the IMG golf course in Bradenton or University Country Club (offers public tee times). My vote is for Lakewood National if you can only play one.

1 Like

Have moved trip to mid Feb to avoid Players issues at Sawgrass.

Got my Streamsong bookings in too.

Keen on World Woods Pine Barrens. Booked 36 there. Dont really know the area well so keen on further suggestions. Basically looking to fill three days between Sawgrass and Streamsong.

Does anyone have tips on getting onto the Copperhead course at Innisbrook? Last I checked it was reserved for resort guests. I would like to avoid paying for a room 30 minutes away just to play a PGA Tour course.

1 Like

That would be great info.

You can always volunteer for the Valspar and get a coupon to play it for cheap. Otherwise i’ve seen some Grint events there. You’d have to play in their tournament but it gets you on

That’s good info! My buddies dad is up there on the Valspar corporate food chain so I usually get in the hospitality on the 18th, all you can drink and eat for free, so I am heavily deterred from volunteering for the event.

I did some digging and supposedly people have had success calling early afternoon in the summer for same day tee time and they let people on the tee sheet that way occasionally. But in FL it rains every day at 3PM so its a roll of the dice on two fronts.

I was lucky to play Copperhead a couple weeks ago. I hadn’t been up there in years. I forgot how just how good that golf course is. An absolute test of your entire golf game. Not to mention, it was in absolutely perfect shape. As the kids around here say, delightful.