Link to follow.

3 Likes

Link for tonights zoom FL ROOST

8:30P ET

Join Zoom Meeting

Meeting ID: 971 8160 7867
Passcode: 4ejT7S

2 Likes

Orlando here. I’ll play anywhere within 2 hours. Just got into NLO, been playing for 2 years “seriously”. Just out to have some fun, meet new people, and hopefully get better than my 19 handicap shows.

6 Likes

Anything come of Florida Roost? I just joined nest earlier this week so working to catch up…thx

2 Likes

We also have a slack if you want to get in on that.

1 Like

how did the meeting go

Hey guis - not sure if this is the best place to ask, BUT I’m heading to Melbourne Beach/Indialantic in March. My dad put me in charge of golf for the week, and wanted to see if there was any must play courses? Would prefer to stay within 45-min as it is a family trip.

Current thoughts were Duran and Habitat, which I’ve played both many years ago and enjoyed. Any recommendations are appreciated.

2 Likes

Duran is usually really good. I might like Viera East more but need to give them another run before I confirm that statement.

Cocoa Beach is a ton of fun but might be a touch far.

There’s another coastal course in Melbourne but the name is escaping me and I’m not going to look it up. Looks nice but I’d probably go to CBCC or Viera East again on my next trip to the area.

@LiveAdam and @mthoma12 could fill in some gaps with the above.

2 Likes

Unfortunately “Space Coast” and “must play” are rarely put together. Duran is the most well known in the immediate area, but in March I recommend an afternoon tee time, as morning times are overpriced imo. Baytree and Viera East are also in that area, tend to provide better value, and should be in good shape for spring.

Habitat has improved with the new management firm, but I haven’t been out there real recently. Some people swear by Cocoa Beach muni, all I know is that it’s paspalum grass. Sandridge Dunes Course is within your radius and has a good back 9.

If you can stretch your radius a little for a round (1 hr) you can get to Royal St. Cloud (good value) and PGA Golf Club (Wanamaker or Dye) (likely the most must play of the courses mentioned here). You could also try your luck with some of the Vero Refuge crew at their private courses? :man_shrugging:

Hope that’s helpful, cheers.

3 Likes

Definitely helpful, thanks! First time we’ve come down in a while and planned golf beforehand.

We’ve played Spressard Holland and Aquarina in the past as well. I think one of those may be the one you’re referring to? One is an executive course we played a lot with my grandpa when he came down

1 Like

@LiveAdam is right, not a lot of must play courses around here. Duran is good, I like Viera better than Baytree. Habitat can be sketchy conditions, but haven’t been there in forever. Suntree if you can get on (private) is the best around; they played senior tour events there back in the day. Aquarina and Spessard Holland are really nice choices for a casual round in a beautiful setting. If you are a course architect buff, Crane Creek is an original Ross listed on the registry; but do not expect primo conditions, it is a muni through & through, great course to walk though. If there any others you are wondering about just let me know.

3 Likes

Both Spessard and Aquarina are shorter courses in Melbourne Beach. Spessard is managed by the same nonprofit as Habitat; Aquarina is semi-private. These are different than Cocoa Beach, which is a muni further north.

Like @mthoma12 said, Crane Creek is an easy walk and only about 6k yards from the tips if you’re looking for chill vibe. If you find any Ross characteristics let me know cuz it’d be a first :man_shrugging:. Course is scheduled for new irrigation and rebuilt/resodded greens in 2022/23.

I prefer Baytree over Viera, but it’s an oddball Gary Player design through a marsh.

1 Like

Get involved…

https://join.slack.com/t/splashofoj/shared_invite/zt-zrpnuw5t-sxNRNMAbP8rrVwK0c3c6Pg

3 Likes

@TB3Golf / Mr. Normous,

New here, trying to get my bearings, feeling like Vincent Vega picking up a girl on a date. I’ll throw my name on that list, anything else required or that I should know about?

1 Like

Join the slack above

2 Likes

I have an additional question.

Gonna book a week long trip to Florida mid March.

All golf.

Thinking

Streamsong Red
Streamsong Blue
Streamsong Black
TPC Sawgrass
Pine Barrens.

Need two more publicly accessible good courses.

1 Like

Players Championship is March 8-13 so you’re definitely going to want to call to see if they’re even open.

The rest will be dependent on how much driving you’re willing to do. You could look at the Palm Coast area (Hammock Dunes and Hammock Beach), Orlando (Bay Hill?) or Tampa (Innisbrook Copperhead or Island). There’s a discussion going on in the Tampa thread about nice options in that horse country around World Woods, such as Southern Hills Plantation and Black Diamond Ranch.

Outside of Pine Barrens the list is pretty resort heavy - is that the type of properties you’re looking for? My suggestions would fit that mold, but wouldn’t necessarily be for everyone.

1 Like

Maybe head there right after the Players?

Generally prefer to avoid courses surrounded by houses or towers if possible.

Has anyone ever played Saint Andrews in Boca?

Yes, pretty fun typical gated community golf