Roll call Florida refugees

@ASplashOfOJ anyone??

Haven’t played this yet, but South FL needs more of this and quality public tracks. Hoping Orangebrook in Hollywood gets a similar treatment.

2 Likes

Going to be in Destin next week, no connections for privates but any good publics worth playing? Windswept dunes sounds good, Rocky Bayou? Kelly Plantation?

Must play in the area if you want to spend the $.

I played Kelly Plantation a few weeks ago. Pretty fun layout, but the conditities weren’t great and the pace was atrocious for a $200 tee time. The group ahead of us was a hole and a half behind and the ranger told us “these people paid $200 to play here, who am I to tell them to speed up?”

2 Likes

Booked 2:36 pm Friday at The Park if anyone wants to join? @ASplashOfOJ

1 Like

Where might one apply for this kind of “do nothing” job? Asking for a friend.

5 Likes

Ended up playing Windswept Dunes - Really fun layout, not typical Florida golf, water not in play much. Could see a few houses but not in play at all. Wide fairways, huge greens with lots of movement. Worth the drive for sure.

Also played Rocky Bayou - cheap, ok course but nothing to write home about greens had been punched, still had fun

Hey Florida Refugees, going to be in the state in a couple weeks for a work conference, we are playing Jacaranda one day, but looking for a good Sunday round, could be anywhere from Palm Beach to Ft Lauderdale to Miami. Any recommendations?

Also going to be in Ft Myers/Cape Coral on the back half of the week, looking for something near there I can get on a Thursday.

Jacaranda is in amazing shape right now.

1 Like

I’d play The Park in West Palm Beach

6 Likes

I need some recommendations from my FL internet golf friends.
I’m gonna be in St Augustine 6/5-6/12.
Anyplace really interesting to play?

1 Like

St Johns Golf Club in Elkton, FL is an interesting renovation and a decent price.

https://www.sjgc.com/

Or the new Bobby Weed-designed spot, Stillwater

1 Like

Hey baldvinny, the St. Johns golf club is a fun redesign and I could make a day work out to go out play with you if you would like.

1 Like

Have a tee time on Thursday next week at 1030 am at Ft Myers CC if any of you Florida Refugees want to join me. Would love the company.

@ASplashOfOJ have a couple spots at Calusa Lakes in Nokomis on Sunday morning if anyone would like to join.

Hi, I’m staying at Disney Boardwalk and just been given a pass to golf tonight. Need to tee off after 3, anyone fancy hosting or joining? I don’t want to travel too far if possible so somewhere near this area would be great.

Anybody in Miramar/Pembroke Pines? We’ll be moving into the area in October as my wife just got transferred to FLL.

1 Like

I’m up in Tampa, would love to play sometime.

We’ve got some Splash of OJ roost members down there for sure. Come check out one of the events this season, we’d love to have you out!

Link to the Schedule: Splash of OJ Roost Events 2023-24 Season - Google Sheets

2 Likes

I’m about 80 mins north in Palm City, not too many Roosters in the southeast but I’m always available to tee it up.

2 Likes