Roll call Florida refugees

I’m going to Tampa with my wife this weekend so she can go see Taylor Swift. She’s going to the concert with some friends so I’ll have Saturday afternoon and then evening free. Anyone wanna hang or recommendations/connections for golf in the area? Reciprocal opportunity available at my club in Vero Beach :wink:

2 Likes
2 Likes

So I’ll be in Jensen beach next weekend and early next week. Our planned golf days are Sunday, Monday and Tuesday. Right now we only have Monday at 8 booked at the park in west palm. VERY pumped about that. Here’s our strategy for the other days.

Sunday: TRY to book 18 (preferably 36) at PGA village as a non-resort guest

Tuesday: hammock creek?

So, is there ANY chance a non resort guest gets a morning time at PGA village on a Sunday? Just trying to have a good plan going into next week, as tee times don’t open up until 48 hours before for non resort guests. Lemme know what y’all think.

1 Like

A chance, but not necessarily a great one. It’s getting to the end of snowbird season, so it’s possible. Consider making tee times at the likes of Hammock Creek, Champions Club at Summerfield, The Florida Club, or Lost Lake as backups in case you can’t get PGA.

Also, if you don’t love The Park… don’t come back. :wink:

1 Like

Good info consistent from what I’ve read and been told on this fine forum.

I think we will try for hammock creek Tuesday and I might find a contingency time for Sunday

1 Like

Forgot we talked about this last month too. If your pro can make a call for Cape Club Palm City, that’d be a nice option, they did a lot of work to an already great layout. Also, if you can only get 18 at PGA, it’s Dye, Wanamaker, then Ryder.

Thank you for this. Wasn’t sure on the rankings. Would be great to get something over there, but outside of the park I expect all of the (edit: public and accessible) golf to look prettay, prettay, prettay similar.

1 Like

Glad you’re managing expectations. Our Roost played Hammock last month just after a KFT qualifier so the greens were pretty quick, not sure if they’ve kept it at that speed still.

2 Likes

What are the dates of your trip? I have a reciprocal with PGA but I’m not sure exactly when it starts - I can inquire.

Depending on the day and time I can get you on here at Banyan Creek as well.

I wouldn’t even bother with the Cape Club, things are unraveling quickly over there. They were refusing professionals from playing practice rounds for their upcoming US Open Sectional qualifier which they also tried to get out of hosting at the last minute. Real shit show.

1 Like

Really hate to read this…

I saw an email that the South Florida PGA put out - none too pleased. Now they’re trying to cancel their FSGA one day event in June.

1 Like

What’s the motivation here @JShades33? Cape Club not garnering enough membership interest? How could further restricting access help that?

If you’re telling me I may have daily fee access again this year…:grin::smirk::grin::smirk::grin::smirk::raccoon::raccoon::raccoon::raccoon::raccoon:

I truly have no idea - the owners are squabbling, they’ve raised the initiation again, fired the head pro right before the member guest, and kicked out two members for practicing too much :joy::joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

In Miami next week and plan to go play the park. Anyone wants to join afternoon round?

1 Like

Yes, yes I do.

Sweet. I get to Miami at 10:45 am. When do you have time to launch ‘em?

What day are you thinking?

Monday may 8th

Also I’m back in WPB for a wedding on May 20th and plan to play Friday 19th in the afternoon and evening

Long shot here. Any lefties in the West Palm area with a set of clubs I could use this afternoon? Trying to get out to the Park and they don’t have rentals. @Big_RanDeer