Roll call Florida refugees

Hey y’all, gonna be staying in Jensen Beach the first week of May. Anyone have a connect at medalist or grove XXIII?

For real though, any tips? I think we will be able to swing 2 rounds while we’re there. Haven’t been to this area of Florida before.

1 Like

i was just at a gala on saturday where a 3some at grove went for 10k…

:frowning: my white whale :frowning:

5 Likes

Area public options will include:

1. PGA Golf Club in Port St Lucie (Wanamaker and Dye are better than Ryder, but Ryder is still good)
  2. Lost Lake
  3. Champions Club at Summerfield
  4. The Florida Club (not to be confused with the Floridian)
  5. Hammock Creek (playing an event there this weekend, can report on conditions)
  6. Jensen Beach Country Club (fka Eagle Marsh)

I won’t speak for those who may be able to provide access to area private courses.

1 Like

That’s not even terrible compared to what a 3ball there has gone for at other online charity auctions

3 Likes

Perfect! This a great spot to start. Figured I’d at least mention something to my pro about the trip to figure out if there are any reciprocals, but not many want to come to Indy from Florida…

1 Like

Your pro may not be able to get you on Medalist, but a place like Cape Club at Palm City used to be semi-private and local Refugees loved it. Just went through a refresh too.

Edit: if your local pro is PGAoA, they may be able to get better reservation access at PGA Club as well.

1 Like

Going to be in Islamorada for a wedding next week and am thinking of trying to get in 18 on my way out somewhere between there and Ft. Lauderdale. Saw this Donald Ross, any thoughts on it and if it’s realistic to get out as a single on a saturday late morning? Public Golf Course - Golf Course Hollywood FL | Hollywood Beach Golf Club

Are there any must play places near Palm Beach Gardens? Going to see my grandparents next week, looking for recs. Thanks!

Florida Club is up in Stuart. 20 miles north. North Palm CC is really solid if you can get a time.

Im hosting @3jackbirdie at PGA National if you want to join. Hit the DM and see if we can make it work.
Z

3 Likes

Haha sick my grandparents live at PGA! What day you guys playing? Me and @Mr.Shneebly will be down there the 12th-20th. My grandpa, Doyk, known as Doctor Doykos or just Doc, is a legend and maybe one of the sickest golf psychos I know. He’s 85 and plays every day still. Probly not uncommon for Florida haha

3 Likes

Florida Club is legit! I enjoyed it in a blustery and windy January day a couple years ago! The Cape Club was the Fox Club when I played it as a semi-private last winter. I loved it and I would love to get back on if you are able to finagle that and have the ability to bring a guest!

2 Likes

Hey FL crew! I’m going to be in Ft. Lauderdale for a wedding this weekend. I’ve got no plans Friday AM until time to prep for the event. Anyone in the area interested in meeting up and playing? I got a couple course recs from the groom, but will hold off on looking for tee times to see if anyone is interested here first.

Unfortunately I would say Hollywood Beach is a big no go. Ross’ name is on the front of the building but the course is in utter disrepair. St. Augustine grass everywhere, unmaintained greens.

City of Hollywood has a stranglehold on three great properties; that one, Orangebrook, and Emerald Hills. Emerald is definitely coming around; Orangebrook and Beach both need work. Emerald is your best bet of the three. Would also recommend Plantation Preserve, Jacaranda, Woodmont, or Eagle Trace in Broward.

2 Likes

Lock in tee times asap, they are getting imposible to grab!

1 Like

Florida Members

Nest member out of Iowa playing Waterlefe Golf Club in southwest Florida next Wednesday. Rather C Suite of me, but I would ideally not play rentals and do not want to ship my clubs down for one round of golf. Would be willing to pay someone in the area to be able to use their clubs for a round. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated!!

Whatever amount of golf balls you’re thinking of putting in the bag, double it.

I could help out with a set if you’re staying in St Pete/Tampa area.

2 Likes

I’ve seen flyovers and, like, I don’t get what the big deal about Grove 23 is from a strictly golf course perspective. Nothing against Bobby Weed, who is a fine course designer, I just don’t see what other people are seeing.

The few people I know who have played it say the course is really good but not top 100 material and that the overall experience/fact that it’s Jordan’s place is what makes it.

4 Likes

Well, as a long-suffering Knicks fan, the Jordan part isn’t a selling point to me anyway. Feel free to call me a hater.

3 Likes