Roll Call: Eastern PA/ South NJ

I do indeed. When I moved to Philly I joined GAP and found the closest club to me.

Iā€™m kind of a Cobbā€™s junky, if you ever need any companyā€¦

1 Like

Absolutely. Looks like it may be a washout this weekend, but Iā€™m down to play this winter if we get more warm weather. Maybe weā€™ll even be able to get a round in less than 5 hours this time of year!

1 Like

Just down the street. I am in Malvern. Iā€™ve wanted to make the trip to Paxon since Iā€™ve moved here, but never pulled the trigger.

1 Like

Anyone in here play Downingtown? It is relatively close to me and has a good deal on memberships. Their membership rate seems way more reasonable than their daily fee prices. When the weather breaks for the spring I plan on going out there, but any information ahead of time would be nice.

I really like Paxon. Definitely worth the drive from Malvern. I used to work in Media, so it was really easy to get in 9 after work.

Anyone ever played Flourtown CC? I just bought a house that we need to do a little bit of renovation to, so I have a lot of my capital tied up there. I think Iā€™ll probably eventually join Philly Cricket, but I can get unlimited play at Flourtown CC for $1200. I doubt itā€™s anything special, but I think Iā€™d get my moneyā€™s worth.

I feel like for $1,200 it would be easy to get your moneyā€™s worth. I canā€™t give a whole lot of advice as I am new here, but I find the public golf scene here crowded and over priced compared to Chicago. Any chance to get in at a private club for a good rate would be worth it.

1 Like

Did you move here from Chicago too?

I did. I spent the fall splitting my time between State College and the Main Line and now I am here full time as of January.

1 Like

Nice. I moved here from Logan Square in July. I like it here.

Flourtown is solidā€¦just 9 holes though. But depending on how often you make it out that wouldnā€™t be a bad deal.

My new house is 1.5 miles from there. I am guessing Iā€™d be popping over for nines or even a couple of hole evening routing on the regular.

Awesome - thatā€™s a great area. Like I said just joined at Sandy Run in Oreland, which canā€™t be too far from you. Would love to have you over once the weather turns.

1 Like

Nice! Iā€™d never heard of that (new to PA and moved to this house 2 weeks ago), but itā€™s only 2.5 miles from me. Thatā€™d be great to meet up.

they donā€™t have a range - at least they didnā€™t before. Itā€™s part of the Jaworski management team. lot of bunkers. fairly short course. personally i think itā€™s a little expensive for what it is but to each their own.

Wilmington north is the site of my most epic collapse of all time on a golf course. Not proud of it.

Amazing place though. I work in the tennis industry and we do some events there. Canā€™t wait to get back and get redemption!

Playing Bidermann this springā€¦ever been?

I have to agree with you on the expensive front for daily fee, but for an executive member $2,500 for the season is not bad. I am waiting to see what the Legacy membership costs are at CVGC before I make a decision. I am 95% sure we will end up at CVGC at some point, but may not be this year.

another spot to look at is Honeybrook GC. i was a member there for 5 years before moving to my new club. itā€™s fantastic. great course - open, well maintained and family owned. Great membership. not sure how old you are but they have ā€œyoung professionalā€ options for like under $2000.00 i believe.

I appreciate the recommendation, but their Starter Member (I am 28) doesnā€™t include weekend mornings and that is a most. I like to get out early on the weekends. It would also double my commute to the course. Unfortunately, where I live there are not any good public options.