Roll Call: Eastern PA/ South NJ

Would love to hear some people from around the area chime in on what they think some of the best courses are!

-17 year old kid playing off of 10.2 but trying to get much lover

I am near Trenton are you looking for private or public?

As we have best course in the entire world in south jersey in Pine Valley

Obviously would love to play pine valley, baltusrol, plainfield etc. but public probably more feasible

I am in Yardley so right across the river from trenton (member at trenton CC) and have only seen the PA courses like merion, aronimink, philly cricket, rolling green, etc from my car window

actually Im going to the BMW Championship at aronimink this year and super excited to see the grounds

1 Like

I was a member of trenton CC for 15 min and then left there an joined Old York Country Club.

There are a lot of good players that play out of Makefield Highland (ex-Canadian tour guys)

literally live a mile from Makefield Highlands

like the course but for me the vibe was a little off and as a kid i get a little pushed around in terms of groupings etc. especially playing as a single which is understandable at a course like makefield. the greens fees r a little steep for me but I do like to get out there every once and a while

Huge thing for me at TCC is being able to walk as a single. Super easy to get out in less than a foursome and get around quickly. As a younger kid I used to belong to Hopewell Valley up until around 2010 and went back and definitely prefered the course to TCC but more up to my parents than me :slight_smile:

Old York has a great course! Gary Player designed right?

Yes it’s a Gary Player course and I feel it’s one of the more challenging courses around here

I hear what you say about Makefield I have faced similar stuff but they do have a great practice area!

Very true about their practice area. For me one of the best things at TCC is the short game area which is quite secluded and a great place to just go for a few hours and practice. the range is a bit short though as the designers were probably pressed for time

***pressed for space

Fellow TCC member here have to agree with you short game area is probably one of my favorite places at the club as most of the time you end up by yourself down there.

I was hoping to find fellow TCC members!

truly so underused. I hope they redo the bunkers at the practice area with the Billy Bunkering that theyre putting in on the rest of the course

I believe they will be done as they plan to use the short game area as a temp “Par 3” while they shut a hole down at a time to replace the bunkers this spring

Thats also what I heard. Just wondering what do you play off?

Currently play off a 5 as of the end of the season

Member at Copper Hill CC. Always enjoy TCC. Not sure if Neshanic Valley CC qualifies as “south jersey” (friends from around Freehold, NJ tell me Hunterdon/Somerset “north jersey” while friends from Bergen consider it “south jersey”). Either way, I think Neshanic is the best public course in the state. Heron Glenn is great, too.

1 Like

Currently an 8 and rising (2 kids under 3 will do that to you). Living in Cherry Hill, near Woodcrest, I primarily play in South Jersey with a decent amount of Shore golf mixed in as well. most recent round was at AC CC and Scotland Run.

I don’t live in NJ, but play a lot of the SJ and Jersey Shore courses over the summers as a have a good group of college friends down there.

I like AC CC, Seaview, and Twisted Dunes for the Shore Courses. I’ve enjoyed Scotland Run, Running Deer, and River Winds too.

This coming season I’m hoping to play some more courses in PA. So far I’ve only played Broad Run Golfers Club.

I’m from around philly and I think the best public course around is Glenn Mills golf course. Besides that Applebrook golf club is probably my favorite private course. Bunch of Aronimink members made it back in 2000