Roll Call: Eastern PA/ South NJ

Makefield is great for a Yardley guy

1 Like

Any of you guys playing through the winter?

1 Like

played bellewood last year, what a hidden gem that place is! Dont know how its not talked about more

Year round. If the greens are not frozen, Iā€™m good.

Yessir, Monday at Running Deer, Pttsgrove.
Iā€™ll play as long as its 40 or above.

I was going to golf this Monday then I was told weā€™re doing family things. Yay family

yea as long as itā€™s at least 40 with no wind iā€™ll play

itā€™s a great spot. lot stuff to do for the family as well. one of the main reasons i joined. the front is harder on the card at 36 than the back at 35 but i donā€™t know about you the back is always tough for me. lot of in-between clubs for me. iā€™ve been there 2 years and still have some work to do on the back haha.

Hope to see you at some more GAP events this year! We are expanding our Member Play Days in a major way and will have a lot more opportunities for our members like you to see more clubs in the area.

6 Likes

My round certainly fell apart once crossing the road

1 Like

This sounds awesome. Iā€™m at Kennett and want to see a bunch of other ones over the coming years.

I hope to see you at one of them. The list is really solid this year! Really solid

I play through winter. As long as I have 2 of these 3 conditions : over 35, at least some sun, not stupid windy.

I have off on Christmas Eve day and looks like itā€™s gonna be dry and in the 50s here in south jersey so looks like we will have some holiday golf :wink:

1 Like

Any of you Glen Mills fans have an interest in an XMAS eve round? Iā€™ll be back in town visiting parents and weather looks nice (enough).

1 Like

Iā€™ve been a member at RC for 5 years now and Iā€™ve never taken a lesson. Iā€™m always so scared that heā€™s going to be like, ā€œok, weā€™ve gotta burn your swing to the ground and start all overā€. Iā€™m not sure I could handle that lol.

Iā€™m considering trying out GAP matches next year. Iā€™ve heard some mixed reviews from guys who do it about some dudes who are less than awesome to play with. I just enjoy golf too much to be stressed out over a round with a guy I donā€™t even like. Weā€™ll see though.

I only played Bellewood once with two co workers who are members there. I love that par 3 on the back 9 that is right into the green surrounded by trees (almost looks like a stadium). really cool looking hole.

Definitely do it

never had this experience. In all my years playing GAP matches everyone i have played with and every host and host club has been more than welcoming, never had an experience where someone is out there being super competitive or unwelcoming, always just the opposite.

thatā€™s awesome to hear! I think I will try it out next year.

1 Like

i here you. i have a lot of swing feels that are very awkward bc of the lesson. iā€™ve been playing gap for 5 years now and iā€™ve never been paired up with any assholes. Like you iā€™ve heard stories but iā€™ve only had pleasant experiences. the par 3 youre thinking of is 13. They took some of those trees out on the left but it still has that stadium feel.

i did have one awkward experience at White Manor CC about 4 years ago and not with any of the players but with the Club itself. The club i was at then didnā€™t have the prestige of WM and they werenā€™t shy in letting us know on the first tee hahah but itā€™s all good. I was matched up against Sean Oā€™hairā€™s father in law. Great guy.

White Manor bump, never hear about this course, but itā€™s classic and absolutely beautiful.