Roll Call: Eastern PA/ South NJ

AC has gone full private and I think Ballamor is very difficult to get onto now, as well. Just fyi.

Cape May National is close by. I would say it’s a slight step below Shore Gate and Twisted Dune, but no ~40 min drive up to TD

Thanks for the heads-up. AC was pretty pricey for me anyway- cool place though.

Close-by counts! Also read about Scotland Run, Blue Heron Pines, and Sea Oaks. Any scuttlebutt on those spots?

Not sure what kind of shape it’s in these days but Seaview Pines is solid, Harbor Pines worth a look (probably closest comp is shoregate) and for a little something different Mcolloughs Emerald links

I can’t say it’s anything special (at least compared to Ballamor and Twisted Dune) but I’ve played Avalon Golf Club before and it was at least good value, so worth a shot if you can’t find anything else that fits your budget and schedule.

Good to know- value matters for sure. I’ll check it out.

I like the idea of closest comp being Shoregate. That course was hard, but really impressive design. Love the idea of another links course. Twisted Dune was fun, just a little rough around the edges when I was there 4-5 years ago.

I second Cape May National - my experience over the last two years has been that Cape May is in better shape than Shore Gate. Shore Gate has just been getting so much play conditions can be rough by mid summer.

1 Like

Good to know. Tough scene that Shore Gate is getting into bad shape, since they’re charging enough to take care of that place. I’m definitely looking into Cape May, since that’s so close to Wildwood anyway. Appreciate the tip.

Due to some travel issues, spending a couple extra days out in Burlington this week. If anyone is interested, I was going to play some after work/twilight golf at one of the mercer oaks courses. Probably mountain view tomorrow. Cheers

If you are interested @kileda7 and I are playing our match at Middletown Country Club at 4:40 today. Its in PA and probably about a 25 min drive. Course isn’t anything to write home about, but “This is one of the most challenging, interesting 6,100 yard courses I have ever played”-World Golf Hall of Fame Member Gary Player” once said.

3 Likes

Awesome. Will grab a spot.

2 Likes

Sister in law just joined Medford Village CC. Should I bring the clubs next time we go to visit?

100%, course is really good. I was a member there for two years.

1 Like