Roll Call: Eastern PA/ South NJ

Thanks for the invite. My son has a basketball on Saturday’s so I can’t make it.

Also, I tried to click your link for more details but it says it says page not found or it may be a private thread

Paging @MikeRevak

1 Like

Just added you into the private group, hopefully you should be able to see that thread now. Also, looks like @bhooveme will be joining you guys on Saturday @dornoch26.

2 Likes

Checking in for Cherry Hill NJ here

2 Likes

What’s going on man! I’ll add you to the Electric Phactory group and then head over to ukg.golf/join/electricphactory to join our league on Unknown Golf!

Thanks!

1 Like

Howdy all, work is brining me out to sunny Burlington NJ next week and the weather looks very pleasant compared to what we have had in the Chicago metro…just looking for some boots on the ground info on if local course are open at this time of the year given the weather? Trying to figure out if its worth brining the clubs this trip.

Most courses stay open as long as there’s no snow on the ground around here. You’d certainly find places to play!

1 Like

Awesome, thank you!

Hey all, new member here. Live in Lancaster area. Anybody local to the area and need a golfing buddy? About a 10 handicap and looking to meet new golfing buddies

3 Likes

I’m in Lancaster and always looking for someone to get out with. For whatever reason it seems more of this area is in the central PA thread but not very active.

2 Likes

Awesome! Thanks for the reply. Yeah I was trying to find something in our area so figured I’d start here. I tried shooting you a message but I’m new to this lol. If you wanna reach out to be directly go ahead!

Just seeing this now! Burlington is where I live LOL! if you’re ever out this way again def hit me up and we’ll get out there for some golf!

1 Like

Ha, small world. Work brings me out that way a couple times a year. I ended up playing 9 holes at Pennsauken one afternoon and then 9 holes at one of the Mercer county courses, hard to beat 60 degree weather in February for some golf.

3 Likes

Which Mercer Oaks course did you play? I’m no longer in the area but lived right over the river in PA and would hit both up regularly. Some of the best value around with their “membership”.

2 Likes

I played the east course this trip, but I’ve played both east and west + Mountain View over various trips. Apparently they had a small tornado this week that damaged a lot of trees on the west course. They are really enjoyable options for public golf.

Play here weekly, especially midweek twilight rounds, really can’t beat it for the price. Not sure how much you remember the West course but essentially every tree down the left side of two is gone. A pretty good chunk are down elsewhere around there course, I think the total came out to 400+ down. Rumor is they’re receiving insurance to replant sizable trees - not even sure how that works. Hoping it is true though, the course looks sad without them.

3 Likes

Wow that is crazy, you’re talking about Mercer Oaks West? 17 on the East could’ve done with some tree removal but all those trees down on 2 would definitely change the character of that hole quite a bit.

1 Like

Yeah West got hit hard and there was little to no damage on East. Agreed on 17 on East, frankly that three hole stretch from 15-17 feels a bit out of place from the rest of the course.

3 Likes

I’m headed back to the shore (Wildwood) with the in-laws this summer 7/1-8. As some of you might be able to relate to, my favorite activity when staying with them is to leave them behind and play golf (none are golfers). The last couple times there I played Twisted Dunes (rough shape when I was there), Atlantic City CC (loved the back nine), Seaview Bay (some good holes, but meh imo), Shore Gate (tough, but awesome), and Ballamor (pretty cool, but not overly memorable). Would love other recommendations in the South Jersey area and playing partners if anybody else is looking to get a few rounds in!