Roll Call: Eastern PA/ South NJ

It’s excellent, but it’s also a kick in the teeth. Better bring extra balls when the grass everywhere is knee height.

Where are you located? A lot of the courses in the Limerick area (where I work) are “all you can walk” during twilight hours for like $15-$20. I used to do it all the time prior to kids!

What courses?

Oh sweet! I’m in Exton, and been eyeing around Limerick. Which ones should I look out for?

I used to hop on Turtle Creek, Landis Creek, and sometimes Bella Vista after work at around 5:15-5:30.

1 Like

I haven’t played Landis Creek—is it any good?—but Turtle Creek and Bella Vista are both a treat.

It’s a simple track - they’re trying to bring it back to life. I used to just go there and bang like 2-3 balls per hole to practice.

1 Like

Hey guis, anyone interested in filling out a foursome of Nesticles? @yungloudancolin, @7evanUP, and I are planning to be at Jeffersonville the morning of 7/11. Would love to add a fellow Refuge member to make it a mini-meet up.

Tee times are not yet opened for booking, so we’ll see exactly what we get in a few days’ time.

1 Like

Has anyone played Galen Hall recently? I think I’ll be playing there in a couple weekends and have heard good things.

1 Like

I played there last summer. It’s pretty unique, including a fairway divided by a frequently used road. It also has an island green par 3, and then a few holes later, the cart path is completely uprooted by a fallen tree.
Definitely an interesting track.

1 Like

I’m trying to picture this, but I can’t…

I played last year, it’s a really fun track. Some spotty tees and fairways, but greens were fantastic, the routing was great, the property is amazing. But for the price, it can’t be beat. Not many places can boast a Findlay front and Tillinghast back for under $60. Check out my play through if interested: Login • Instagram

3 Likes

Hole #2 has the split fairway. So #1 starts with the tee shot right in front of everyone standing around waiting for you, and then #2 has the road that you have to watch out for.

2 Likes

Nice! Thanks for the IG link - very cool!

1 Like

If this is still on and open, I would be super down

1 Like

You’re in!

1 Like

Where in Exton? I also live in Exton.

By the mall? My only bearings around here are retail related lol

1 Like

I just grabbed a 9:54am at Valleybrook for Thursday 7/8.

Anything I should know going in??

Site said carts are included, but the course looks very walkable on satellite.

Awesome! It is very walkable, I think they just try to get you to pay that cart fee but you can definitely walk. There are a couple holes with some big hills but if you walk often you’ll be fine. Course can get tight in spots and can easily get blocked off on approach shots so keeping it in play is key. But you do not need driver off every tee so you can really have fun with placing the ball in a good spot for yourself. Have fun excited to hear what you think. They also have a good range and putting and chipping greens if you make it there early.

1 Like