Roll Call: Eastern PA/ South NJ

Jeff is my home course, play in 2 leagues there, so getting a tee time has rarely been an issue for me luckily.

Wyncote is always in impeccable condition, but man if you’re not straight off the tee be prepared with an extra box of balls.

Agreed with Riverwinds for the price. I do enjoy the views from the course, but the price is brutal.

I have played Lulu as well - another great track!

I posted this in the Metro NYC thread, but I’m involved in hosting a tournament next month at Watchung Valley in NJ for a great cause.

You can respond to the email on the flyer or shoot me a PM if you’re interested in playing or otherwise supporting.

Give Spring Mill a look, I am going to be playing a round/touring the club for 2021 membership possibly. Very affordable and apparently they dumped some money in the course last year in bunker renovation and tree removal when they sold off their old driving range on the property

1 Like

Anyone on here do grips/club work? Would like to get my irons and a wedge regripped (I have grips already) and custom ferrules on and would happily pay to support someone local rather than go to a big box store

I’m in Delaware. Delcastle and Deerfield in Wilmington area are good courses. White Clay Creek is built on marshland – bring lots of golf balls you don’t mind losing. Bayside is near Lewes, in lower Delaware, and it’s the nicest course in the Lewes/Rehoboth area. Enjoy fall golf!

2 Likes

Hi All! Grew up in the Chester Springs area, and just recently moved back after a 7 year hiatus a few hours south. Most of the guys I knew back then are either pros who can’t play much or guys that have given up the game. I’ve been playing in a regular Sunday game at Kimberton, but no many guys there that travel or play outside of that. Was reading the recent issue of the TGJ and came across the good vibes of this community and wanted to get involved. Just looking to meet some fellow golf nuts and see if anyone was out this way?

2 Likes

Anyone play Westwood or Rivewinds? Play both but my league is out of westwood.

bro I grew up in Chester Springs - Horseshoe Trial. Now live in Exton. Kimberton was my course growing up. Joined Bellewood in Pottstown a few years ago and play out of there. haven’t had the chance to meet too many refugees but I’ll play with anyone anytime.

I was right off of Flowing Springs. Grew up playing KGC as well. Hoping the new owners can bring it back and some. How did you land at Bellewood? - small hike from Exton and other closer options. It’s actually where we have been looking to join, and a few of our new neighbors are members, including the current club champion.

I’ll send you a dm later and fill you in.

1 Like

I work up in the Limerick/Pottstown area and am always looking for guys to play with. My wife used to babysit some kids whose family were members at Bellewood and I kept trying to get out there with no avail. I play a lot at Jeffersonville down in Norristown and starting to explore courses in Delaware County since I moved there in December 2019. Same here with haven’t played with any refugees but down to play with anyone.

Hey man shoot me a DM. I’ll play anytime anywhere. I’m down in Chester county - Exton.

I have a tee time with two other buddies @ Glen Mills, 9:00am Sunday. If anyone wants to join, shoot me a DM.

Anybody ever play Gambler Ridge in NJ? Only morning tee time my buddies and I could get with late notice for this Saturday. Haven’t heard great things but wondering just how bad I should expect. Hopefully it at least drains well…

I played in a nine hole league at gamblers for a few years. Conditions are very hit and miss, and many times miss. Granted I haven’t played there since last summer.

However. It is golf. And it’s better than not golf. And the kitchen makes a lovely pork roll sandwich.

1 Like

Is this not the bar that yous guis in Philly/Jersey measure all courses by?

1 Like

Had a chilly but enjoyable round at Gambler Ridge today. It’s a short but fun layout that will keep you honest with some narrow corridors but not unplayable. With how wet it’s been it was a little scraggly due I assume to being unable to mow but no complaints on how the greens rolled. Wouldn’t be my first choice but as @ChickPhilA said, it was a whole heck of a lot better than no golf!

2 Likes

Does anyone ever do meetups in the area? I’ve got a few good playing partners in Philly, but I’m always looking for new folks to play with. Currently playing off a 13 and located in the City, but mostly play in Montco and surrounding area.

1 Like

I haven’t been successful at setting anything up yet. I would be down to get out anytime. I’ll drive wherever to play.

We should exchange contact info and play sometime. What courses in the area do you like/are you near?