Roll Call: East Tennessee

Hey @Matty_Ice, good to hear from you. I play in the Tri Cities, but live in VA. Where do you like to play?
A lot of people like Graysburg, but I think it’s meh.

@rvanculin I’m a member at Lonesome Pine Country Club in Big Stone Gap, VA. However, I’ve played all over the Tri-Cities. There really isn’t a course around here that I haven’t played. Well maybe except the Olde Farm. I don’t mind Graysburg. Pretty decent track with a wild third 9.

LPCC is a fun course. I know Chris Stacy, as he was the HP at the former Country Club of Bristol, where I’m a member.

Definitely in!

A few more cancellations happen and I might actually be in on this now as well.

So with the Masters now postponed…that watch party won’t happen. But definitely still down for some golf soon.

1 Like

Yep. We’ll just have to play more golf, I guess. :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

Anyone heard any rumblings of course closings due to the current viral situation in the US/world?

Shhhh they will hear you

1 Like

Fox Den sent us an e-mail saying they’re sterilizing every surface throughout the day and they’re staying open unless the health department orders they close.

Cherokee will be closed till the end of the month

1 Like

Fairways & Greens in Knoxville is going to remain open.

Are you guys open?

Awesome. Hopefully it will dry out a bit so they can keep the range open. It’s been kind of hit or miss lately with them having to hand pick it so often.

1 Like

Maybe I should have clarified on public courses…not quite on the country club circuit yet. For once, it was legit for a friend who asked after he heard mention of Nashville possibly doing this for metro parks at least. Good to know I might not have to hit balls out of the weeds in my yard.

for now, yes. Tomorrow, no clue.

1 Like

Semi off topic but I’ve had a couple beers and started pondering what holes are the worst in the Knoxville area.

The first 10 holes at Centennial might be the worst stretch of holes that I can think of. 1, 5, 6, and 10 are really bad. 4 and 9 are pretty bad as well, which leaves you with a stretch of holes that leans on two par threes, one risk reward par four, and number 2 that I think is pretty good. 11 at Egwani is horrible. Royal Oaks had a couple holes as bad as any mentioned but I can’t recall the numbers because they always changed the order (RIP). 9 at Kahite is bad. That long par three at Rarity doesn’t fit well and nine at Wind River is not good, but these aren’t as bad as the previously mentioned holes IMO.

3 Likes

Great Topic to Start
I was never a fan of #10 at Pine Lakes (RIP) as you had to either go over the trees/silo to cut the corner or lay up. #11 at Egwani is probably the worst in the area.

1 Like

Yes #10 at Pine Snakes was pretty bad. I will add #11 at Three Ridges to this list as well.

18 at Oak Ridge