Roll Call: East Tennessee

When in August? We would be able to rent Sewanee in the summer.

August 8th. Honeymoon August 9-16. We’re going to Hawaii. My fiancé has allocated me 1 golf round for the honeymoon if anyone has some suggestions.

1 Like

Very much in on this.

1 Like

I’d love to make this happen. Let’s do it

1 Like

https://refuge.nolayingup.com/t/september-in-sewanee-tennessee-meetup-september-26th/22841?u=tedscott

Currently erect.

2 Likes

What happened to August? Went from schedule open to the UT/Florida game weekend…

August is pretty crowded for me and there is the Aiken meet-up 8/22 that a lot of people are going to as well.

This is a tough scene… I’m pretty committed to not missing a TN vs Florida game, or any Tennessee football game for that matter. I’m definitely in on Saturday morning / early afternoon.

1 Like

Guise… it’s the 4th game of the season! TN will be 1-2 (shoutout @holeout and Furman) with no hope against Florida.

I’m JK… sort of. The date is not firm at all since it’s so far out, just wanted to get the ball rolling. Go post this in the meet-up thread so I can field your complaints there.

1 Like

DUELERS AND TENNESSEEANS - BEWARE/HEADS UP

7. In Tennessee, you can’t duel anyone if you want to run for public office – When was the last time you heard that news report?…”There was a duel in Nashville last night”

You know a prohibition is serious when it’s in a constitution. Under Tennessee’s governing charter, you cannot run for office if you engage in a duel.

Here’s how Article 9, Section 3 puts it:

Any person who shall, after the adoption of this Constitution, fight a duel, or knowingly be the bearer of a challenge to fight a duel, or send or accept a challenge
for that purpose, or be an aider or abettor in fighting a duel, shall be deprived of the right to hold any office of honor or profit in this state, and shall be punished otherwise, in such manner as the Legislature may prescribe.

2 Likes

Hey, I’m in the Tri-Cities region, even though I’m technically located in Virginia. I will undoubtedly have more in common with you guys than my Virginia brethren.

2 Likes

Welcome to the thread! As the weather ~improves~ in East Tennessee, we will inevitably have some meetups and get togethers and what not.

Speaking of, anyone want to eye an April Saturday where we could all get a few afternoon tee times at a Knoxville-area course for a mini-meetup? It’s a bit aggressive, but maybe Saturday morning of the Masters, then watch together in the afternoon?

5 Likes

As long as we’re not completely submerged by then, I’m in.

1 Like

That’s Easter weekend right? I should be in town that weekend.

I’m up for it.

I think I can do that. Will know more as we get closer

You know I am

1 Like

LFG, LFG, LFG, LFG, LFG times infinity

3 Likes