Roll Call: Duval

I would be … @palmerwood52

2 Likes

Yeah we’re in!

2 Likes

I decided a few weeks ago to start playing again after taking the past couple of years off. I walked the back nine at Hyde Park last week but the only other course in the area I’ve played is Palencia when I worked there back in college. I don’t really know anyone in the area anymore who plays so just kinda looking for where to start.

4 Likes

I’m not a Duval local, but welcome back to the game and welcome to the Refuge!

Thank you! Glad to be playing again and glad I found this place.

Wowww

2 Likes

Anyone got a spot on saturday now that I came down here and cant attend the Players this weekend?

Current NLU insta story. Great bit of content following the Brothers Schu vs DJ & Randy.

Middle of this DJ Pie piece to camera there is an incredible scream of “fuuuuuck” from an adjoining hole.

Just perfect.

1 Like

Tee time at Queens Harbor at 3:25 if anyone wants to join in. 2 spots available.

FYI: cups are in.

1 Like

Coming up end of this month from Vero, the 31st through the 3rd. Most likely getting a round out at Jax beach or perhaps somewhere else (WGV or wherever) maybe schedule a hybrid putting lesson with @Randy if I can squeeze into his calendar
Any of you guys want a round with a PGA club pro let me know.
#getinvolved

3 Likes

I’m in for whatever you got planned. I’m definitely in for Jax Beach, and if you’re interested in playing Palatka GC, that is where I get majority of my rounds in. We may be able to get @OffTheDole and @Hwhite to join us.

3 Likes

@JCO and @PGA_ALLTHEWAY, count me in.

I’ve been in hiding for a long time and I like that timeframe as a return to the real world. If we can sneak @Hwhite away we’ve got a foursome.

2 Likes

Count me in! That’ll give me a few weeks at home with the wife and baby before I make my reappearance into the world and shoot 90!
Can’t wait to play!

3 Likes

All sounds good to me, Sunday might be my only day that could potentially be a no-go but still pretty open. In terms of tee times the earlier the better for me. I’m staying in Orange Park but I can drive anywhere and I love to sweep me some dew.

Also I am free to play at least twice if @NoLayovers wants to try to get something in, might be nice to meet the guy trying to organize the outing in a few months.

Also if any of the boys @MerchCzar @Tron @Soly @djpie @Randy want to join in the shenanigans I guess we could make room for them :call_me_hand:

1 Like

Would love to join, but I live in Tampa. Originally from Palatka and get back often.

Let me know if you’re ever over this way and we’ll get together!

1 Like

Any preference on courses? I’ve never played Jax Beach but with cups sticking out might give me a false sense of security and I would hate to have an Icarito meltdown as a first impression, also I played King and the Bear awhile ago and really liked it. Just trying to get everyone’s vibe on where they would prefer.

Just for the record this round will be in true Strapped/NLU spirit as I plan on flying under the radar to play somewhere and not busting out the PGA pro flex move in hopes of getting a cheap/free round of golf.
With that I open to suggestions.

1 Like

I’ll leave this here for those who were not aware.

1 Like

FYI Jax Beach is punching their greens May 26-27…

1 Like

@JCO @Hwhite @OffTheDole Guys just following up looks like the round should be Monday AM. Looks like Jax Beach will just be coming off an aeration so I wanted to gauge if anyone had any preferences. I would rather agree on a day/time to guarantee it would work for everybody because quoting Rodney Dangerfield “I’d rather stay at home if I am forced to play with myself” I am still moderately flexible but would definitely prefer AM

You are or are not able to play Sunday, the 31st?