Roll Call: Duval

@NoLayovers That’s a little steep. I’ve actually played both courses at TPC. I was there the March the year before the Player’s date change (no overseed). It was actually the same week as the PGA Tour Canada Q School event on the Valley. Managed to sneak in a free round on the valley disguised as a competitor! Then paid full pop for a Stadium course round with a walking caddy. It was delightful.

2 Likes

Hello all! Me and two of my buddies are going to try and play Palatka GC on Saturday morning. Anybody interested in joining us? Should be in pretty good shape with the FL Azalea Am in a few weeks. Lemme know! Thanks!

1 Like

Funny enough, I’ll be out there Saturday morning as well. I already got a game going with about 16 others (all non-refugees) unfortunately. What time do y’all go off?

3 Likes

@Hwhite

1 Like

Might be able to make it down, if you guys still need a 4th

2 Likes

Thanks everyone, got a fourth for this Saturday, BUT…with daylight savings time coming up, would anyone be interested in getting a group together in the evening after work once the time changes? I live near Hyde Park (which yes, does have its quirks…putting it nicely) and it’s a fun spot to walk nine after work. Plus, there’s so few people out there, you can basically do whatever you want in terms of group size, format, whatever…

Any interest? Thanks all!

I’m interested. Walking nine at Hyde Park sounds like fun as long as we go automatic two-putts :wink:

1 Like

I can feel it

Coming to Jax next week for the Players. Looking to play an afternoon round on March 10th. I’ll play anywhere, but will likely default to Jax Beach. I had fun there last time.

Open invite to any refugees and willing to work with people’s work schedules and such.

2 Likes

Coming to Jax next week for the Players and wanted to asked those who should know where are the must eat places in town?

2 Likes

Where in Jax are you staying?

Angie’s subs in Jax Beach has a cult following. I know people who have the Peruvian sauce shipped to them.

1 Like

not sure its must eat but Tuptim Thai is solid, good curry and spicy fried basil rice, I cannot vouch for their noodles but their druken noodle looks solid. The spicier the better here, order it hot but not thai hot.

V pizza on Canal is good and has separate seating for a family vibe and very solid bar on the other side, cool plcae to have a drink. Wine choices on the family side are terrible though so i’d avoid that…

Palm Valley Fish Camp is a good spot as well if the weather is good.

@DawgLeg and I have also have tee time at 3 for Jax beach on Tuesday if you’d like to join just dm me.

2 Likes

And if you’re on the grounds Wednesday or Thursday. Would love to get a refuge meetup going on the course!

2 Likes

@Randy @Soly @djpie @Tron @MerchCzar me and Preston (one of the Jax Beach cart guys) are playing this Sunday at Jax Beach at 9:15 and need two if anyone’s interested!!

@palmerwood52 A couple of us are playing a few tee times earlier so we’ll see you out there.

2 Likes

Im staying near Atlantic beach Country club. A friend and I called Jax beach and they said we got paired with 2 regulars around 915 on Sunday the 8th.

1 Like

I’m fairly certain we will be on grounds Thursday and I would to get to meet some of the local refugees. Likely will be towards 16 Tee because that military tent has the discounts hahaha.

1 Like

@palmerwood52 Think you guys would be up for a skins game?