Roll Call: Duval

Forgot I had Monday off until yesterday, so booked an Airbnb and driving down from ATL to get some rounds in for the weekend.

Anyone down for a Sunday afternoon game @ Jax Beach, maybe around 1? Weather certainly looks good enough

1 Like

Going to be in Jax Feb 10-12. Anyone up for a round? Was hoping to play Jax Beach but will play anywhere.

1 Like

Jax Beach was particularly interesting in the wind yesterday.

1 Like

Will be in Jacksonville/Mayport area from Mar 8-14th will be there to watch the tournament some and probably play some golf in the afternoons during the week. I know I want to hit up Jax beach to be able to say I have. Any recommendations or anyone looking to join for a round let me know. About a 5 handicap right now.

2 Likes

For anyone interested in a Florida meetup: Florida Meetup- The StrappedDraw at Palatka Golf Club, August 1st

1 Like

Bit of late notice here but @Novo and I have 2 open spots for Jax beach at 1:40 this afternoon if anyone wants to join.

2 Likes

Hey all. I’m out of work for the next few weeks and looking to get some rounds in while I have a bunch of free time. I’m happy to drive up to Jax Beach or another course to play with some refugees.

Anybody played Hyde Park recently? I’ve got a tee time there Sunday (wanted to avoid Donna’s Slush Fund Run so no Jax Beach). Not sure how recent Google Maps is, but it looks dead there.

(Edit: Appears to be last January. I’ve played since then and it was in decent shape, so hopefully it’s at least playable.)

Played there two weeks ago, fairways and tees boxes were fine but we had to say auto 2 putts cause the greens are pretty bad.

If you walking after 12 I think it’s worth the money if you have the right mindset.

Auto two putts? Was it so bad that 16.1d couldn’t be used?

16.1? Enlighten me… it was pretty bad in a lot of places also made that days gambling more fun and strategic

My understanding, unless some of the rules guys here know differently, is that if you have a dead spot between you and the hole when you are on the green you can drop such that it is no longer in your line.

Oooo yea sadly there’s multiple spots where you wouldn’t have any idea where to drop however not all greens are that bad some are just super shaggy.

The fairways and tee boxes were above average though and pretty good.

The sand in the bunkers was maybe their best asset. No joke

Played Jax Beach yesterday, it’s in great shape. What a gem, one of the best values in the area.

3 Likes

Hey everyone, first post as a member of this community and I saved it for an important one. My name is Vince (or Vinny, or Vincent, or whatever) and I live in San Diego. My mom is moving out to Florida (near Ocala) in April and I get to spend my spring break (I’m a high school teacher) driving her stuff from Texas to Florida. Super pumped.

Anyway, I’ve always wanted to make a pilgrimage to the Mecca of NLU golf: Jax Beach and was wondering if anyone would want to join me for a round. My goal is to be in Florida by Wednesday, April 8th, and meet up anytime on Thursday, April 9th (aka the first day of The Masters). I fly out on April 10th.

If anyone is interested, please let me know. I’m going regardless, but I would love to experience NLU’s home course with some fellow members of the NLU community.

3 Likes

I’m gonna be in JAX on March 16-18. See my post here: Jacksonville!

I think TPC Sawgrass is worth every penny. Wow you’re going to be there the week after the players that would be sick I wonder how much it would cost OH MY GOD

5 Likes

No thanks…

1 Like

Yikes. I assume that includes the forecaddie fee (but not the $50 recommended tip).

1 Like

Goodness.