Roll Call: Duval

More of a proximity play with Hyde. Brother in law lives in Avondale.

1 Like

Gainesville local currently but travel to StAug/Jax a lot for golf

1 Like

Greens are just about perfect at Jax Beach these days.

If you have a little time, maybe try Oak Marsh on Amelia Island. You can usually find a good deal on Golfnow out there. It’s a Pete Dye design, and it’s always in great shape. Some pretty nice views out there too. It would prob take about 45 mins or so from Avondale.

1 Like

Jax Beach was as advertised. Greens were pure, great undulations. Only downer of the day was the “carts only” policy.

Sheesh. Called ahead of my 8am tomorrow at Hyde Park. It’s carts only too! Recommendations where I can play and walk tomorrow morning?

Unfortunately, not many options in Jacksonville. Jax Beach only allows walking certain times of the day.

You could walk at The First Tee @ Brentwood, but it’s not a great course.

I don’t know that Jax is very walker friendly. Maybe because its always hot. I don’t ever try to walk though, so I wouldn’t be one to ask.

Also, don’t go to Brentwood.

1 Like

It’s an hour away and may or may not be a Donald Ross design, but Palatka is always walker and cart friendly. Place is built on a sand hill and loves to tell you how well it drains. Wall-to-wall ryegrass right now with slooowww greens.

This is what their marketing emails look like:

2 Likes

Yeah, pretty much the only places you can walk all the time in Jax are private clubs like San Jose and Timuquana (and Pablo Creek). You have to be a member at St Johns to walk.

Will be out in St Augustine February 16th - 21st and looking for some peeps to play with. Typically a mid-70’s player and not too particular about where I’m playing. Seems like Jax Beach is the place to hit up (outside of Sawgrass). Let me know if anyone is around and wants to link up.

1 Like

I’d be happy to join you out at Jax Beach on the 16th.

I could join y’all on the 16th depending on the time. Can pretty much only play early. Online you can book two weeks out, but members can call and book three weeks out.

I could call and get an early tee time for the 16th if that works for you guys. Let me know.

2 Likes

New to the area but would love to join.

1 Like

Anyone looking to play Saturday?

We’ve got two spots open for a 1 PM tee time on Saturday if anyone would like to join!

Foursome secured.

Anyone want to get a round in today, Friday the 10th?? Any where in Jax?? And I’m a member of St Johns Golf and CC and am happy to host anyone from the refuge!! Just HMU!

I’m also looking for a round Tomorrow as well!! Will play anywhere or will host as St Johns!! Just let me know! I’m a 2ish handicap but will play with anyone at all!

3 Likes

Can’t this weekend, but definitely open to playing in the future.

1 Like

For public, walking golf around Jacksonville, here is what I believe is the case -

Bent Creek - walkable anytime (is a Bobby Weed design and is nice, with greens to be replaced in spring-summer 2020)
Brentwood - anytime
Jacksonville Beach - after noon on weekends and holidays, otherwise open
Hyde Park - after 3pm weekends (2pm during daylight savings time), otherwise open.
Blue Sky - after noon on weekends
Hidden Hills - after noon on weekends (maybe 1pm?)

maybe? Windsor Parke. Last time I asked, they allowed walking anytime but I am not sure they have a formal policy.

walking not allowed at all unless member, etc.:
South Hampton
North Hampton

1 Like