Roll Call: Duval

We’re still on for 9:30 Sunday if anyone else is interested.

I’m in if you still have room.

And we’re up to 3. Me, @OffTheDole (1.6 sheeeessshhhh), and @JCO. Do we have a 4th?

Closing the loop, had an awesome time two weekends ago at Palatka GC with @OffTheDole and @JCO. Will try and get up with them again the next time I’m in North Florida.

Greens were slow as they typically are in summer, but it was great to get around the childhood track with a couple of refugees.

2 Likes

Thanks again for setting up the round. Palatka GC was a really tough track!

2 Likes

Hello Jax fellows. Inspired by Randy’s shot at the Players Championship volunteering on Twitter I was actually inspired to sign up for it thinking it might be a nice getaway from what could still be cold Kansas City, as a cool kick off to the spring golf season. Planning to volunteer on Friday and Saturday morning, attend the tournament Sunday and then try to play a round myself somewhere before flying back out Monday night. If anyone has any great airbnb and/or course recommendations or is interested in catching a round together at that time I would be all ears. Will probably be going about this solo.

I’ll be in Jax this coming week and have a bit of time if anyone wants to play somewhere.

Looking to play Jax beach sometime Friday anyone want to join?

Wish I could but I’m still rehabbing a shoulder injury. Enjoy the course!

Sounds good, let me know when your healed up. Here full time now

1 Like

What’s up everybody. Huge NLU fan, first time posting…always looking for folks to play in our group. Learned to play out at Hyde Park but been very impressed with Bent Creek lately. Anybody been out there recently?

1 Like

I played there about a month ago and the course was in decent shape. How’s it looking now?

1 Like

Pretty good! We stayed away for a while because the greens had gotten super shaggy but we’ve been out a couple times over the past few months, after being pleasantly surprised the first time back out, and it’s actually gotten steadily better. It’s also like 38 bucks and perpetually wide open on weekend mornings. Worth checking out for sure.

1 Like

Queens was in surprisingly good shape today with slick greens. Wide open, so if I wasn’t playing with a JB Holmes wannabe, we’d have zipped around in 3 hours.

Anyways… wanted to see if anybody is playing the World Golf Hall of Fame Grinch Open next week? Scramble where they put the pins in crazy spots on Slammer. Fun tournament.

1 Like

QH has made quite the comeback and that makes me very happy. Glad to hear it’s in good shape right now.

This tournament was great yesterday. Highly recommended to locals…

1 Like

I definitely would come up from Vero Beach for a good game.

I hit a great drive on this hole and had a wedge in, ended up piping it over the green and it went into the road.

I thought the ball went into the grass/water until some passerby said there’s a ball in the gutter when we were walking to the next tee.

1 Like

Merry Christmas week, Jax Refugees. In town this week visiting family. Plan to hit Hyde Park, Jax Beach and a third course. Anyone have a conditions report on those two and a recommendation on a third course?

The rain has made it a bit mushy everywhere but Fleming Island and Queen’s Harbour have been in good shape lately.

I hope you’re playing Hyde Park for sentimental reasons because it’s the same as it ever was… :grimacing: