Roll Call: Duval

Thanks @Lazstradamus ! If anyone has any Duval munis/ cheaper courses that would work for a 14 hcp and a 30 hcp that wont break the bank I’d love to hear any recs!

2 Likes

@zkchicago I’m sure I / everyone else from Jacksonville sound like a broken record at this point, but the best bang for your buck is probably Jax Beach GC. If you’re looking to drive about 50 minutes south, I highly recommend going to play at Palatka GC (1925 Donald Ross), and it’s only $20 to play 18 even with a cart. Both courses are pretty wide open.

1 Like

@JCO Haha the broken record part means its true, so no worries on that! My group and i were looking to play 5 rounds in 3 days and after all of the NLU vids ive watched at Jax Beach I was never gonna pass that up to play 2x lol… I will absolutely add Palatka GC to the list… Is is true that after the first of the year FL courses jack their prices up? or will Palatka GC and Jax Beach remain “deal” courses in Feb?

They will remain deals. Prices should not go up for these two courses. I’m excited for you because believe it or not, Palatka might be in the best shape come February / early March because of the big amatuer tournament they hold in the middle of March. I’ll let some others chime in hopefully with some other recommendations, but those are two course I can definitely recommend.

5 Likes

@JCO Awesome, thanks man!

A couple more decent options, especially during the week, are St Johns Golf & Country Club and South Hampton. They are fairly cheap other than Saturday/Sunday. Also note that there is a St Johns Golf Club that is different from St Johns Golf & Country Club - don’t play that one.

Other than that, it may be possible to get a deal for around $50 or so on Golf Now for Oak Marsh in Amelia Island which is about 45 mins north of Jax. It’s one of my favorite courses in the area, a Pete Dye design. Course is always in great shape, is not crowded, and has some fantastic views. If you aren’t able to get a deal you’ll be paying $100 plus, but there is a discount rate for FL/GA residents - if that doesn’t apply to you, hot deals pop up from time to time.

Good luck.

2 Likes

Thanks @primetimenole, I will add those to the list!

Heading to Duuuuuuval/PVB Dec. 23-30. Will definitely get on Jax Beach (got rained out after 8 holes last time I was in the 904) and will likely get in at least 9 holes at the Quan.

3 Likes

Trying to play as a walk-on single tomorrow morning if anyone has any interest.

Fleeing the snow in KY for Amelia Island from the 26th-30th. Looking to play golf with some fellow nesticles at any time while I’m there. Also, willing to drive to Jax to play. DM if anyone is interested.

Anyone doing this?

Hmmmmm

Hey all, I am down in the St. Augustine area through the end of the month. Looking to play Jax Beach on either Monday, 1/18 or Saturday 1/23 and will likely play Palatka the other day (though open to other ideas too). Anyone around and want to play? 1/18 tee times at Jax Beach are wide open for anyone else with the day off!

1 Like

Hey yall,

I know this is more of a golf forum but it’s looking more and more likely that I’ll be moving to Jacksonville. Any recommendations for where to live? Ideally want to be close to downtown but in a safe neighborhood. Thank you!

2 Likes

Riverside-Avondale is where you want to be. Feel free to DM me if you need more info!

1 Like

Most here tend to stay beach side iirc but I have some friends who stay in the Riverside area (just south of downtown along the river) and really enjoy it.

1 Like

Just a heads up that the UF golf team is holding their Invitational at their home course in Gainesville from 2/10-14, and the ladies Invitation is being held from 2/19-23. If anyone is going or interested, let me know so we can meet up or possibly get a round in.

1 Like

Feel free to DM me as well.

1 Like

I’m visiting my parents down Del Webb in Nocatee. After I crush them in Bridge and pickle ball tomorrow was going to try to sneak out for a round. Looked like there was a couple of single spots late afternoon at Jax Beach. Or “the yards” looks wide open. Anyone played it?

2 Likes

Played the Yards a few times, the conditioning is top notch. However the corridors and the holes are pretty tight/penal. The par 3 area is pretty cool and overall I like it besides the price. Might be the perfect place to play quickly and meet someone for brunch or drinks after.

Jax Beach is your best option for golf and best value, take a pushcart and enjoy. The fairways aren’t perfect but they are good for the winter, greens and surrounds are awesome as usual.

Jax Beach is just hard to beat.

5 Likes