Roll Call: Duval

I have not but you know I’m always down to play, and this place looks iiiinteresting

What in the name of Elmers Andrew Fucking Lang is this nonsense?

5 Likes

I am very confused on this, but I am also an idiot.

9 hole “front yard”

6 hole “backyard”

North Florida’s first 12-hole course

Am I missing something here?

3 Likes

I don’t math too good anymore but something seems off here

You want to play golf together sometime?

4 Likes

Anyone playing this week before Thursday and need
an extra someone for their group? I’m happy to oblige.

Hmmmm… get a Google sheet/email chain going from this thread for Duval golfers?

3 Likes

I could get one going just not tonight.

2 Likes

I’m visiting family in Palm Coast and I got a tee time Saturday mid-morning at Jax Beach - never been there before.

I plan on driving up A1A that morning and I’m looking for a solid breakfast/brunch option either near Jax Beach or along A1A between there and Palm Coast.

Any ideas? @JCO @OffTheDole @NoLayovers @Hwhite @sticksandrudder

4 Likes

Just DM’d ya

3 Likes

Try The Reef St. Augustine for some ocean views.

2 Likes

Cap’s > The Reef

6 Likes

Good call, no argument.

2 Likes

@JCO definitely knows his restaurant’s, Cap’s was awesome. Best oysters I’ve had in Florida.
@Hwhite 's crew made it extra special

Tried oyster for the first time this past weekend, pretty dang good. Very surprised.

1 Like

One of the most overlooked areas in a quality oyster is the actual shuck itself, a perfect oyster can be ruined by a hidden fragment of shell

2 Likes

I played the yards today. It was great!! Amazing condition and the green contours are super interesting. Similar to Jax Beach but actually a little turned up. HOWEVER, $53 to walk for 12 holes is a little steep. They actually have 6 holes on the par 3 course but 3 of them are like 50-70 yards. They call it the beer loop.

Guy in the shop said they’ve got a skins game every Friday at 4:00. $25 green fee and $12 for skin pot. $2 per hole so individual holes can carry over week over week. Said they whole thing takes 50 minutes as they shotgun sixsomes

We teed off at 1030 and were the only 2 people on the course which I thought was interesting consider the weather was damn perfect.

Rates go up Jan 1 (allegedly) and definitively worth checking out. Super woke out there…

1 Like

Thanks for the update. I’ll be interested to see if it survives, I’m gonna guess it doesn’t. Pricing seems a bit steep and the concept is a little weird. Good to know it’s in decent shape though, oak bridge was terrible.

1 Like

Hey everyone, I’m coming down this week from MN with a couple guys and we have a twosome opening to join us Saturday 12/12 at 10:10 AM at TPC Stadium. We’re playing with a member, so we’re getting 50% off the rack rate. Comes out to $300ish. DM me if interested. Trying to get this taken care of asap!

1 Like

@zkchicago is looking for value options in Jacksonville

3 Likes