Roll Call: Duval

I know I have a distorted sense of time but tomorrow, Friday, September 25, 2020, the year of the Rat (bat), is anyone playing in the northeastern portion of the state of Florida?

Preferably somewhere that’s not flooded out like my current swamplands.

2 Likes

New to the site but took a random trip to Jacksonville this weekend and was wondering if anyone wanted to play Jax Beach today or tomorrow (Saturday)? No preference on times so whatever works.

I think my driver can keep up with yours @MerchCzar f your feeling frisky?

1 Like

I would have loved to join you but there are basically no tee times available at Jax Beach today or tomorrow. Someone must have tipped off the public about the weather finally being good :joy:

4 Likes

I have a 12:42 at Jax Beach on Saturday with two spots open if anyone would like to join up.

Spotted in the wild on Butler Blvd this morning. Fellow refugee: identify yourself.

2 Likes

You would have thought Jay Monahan would drive a better car?

3 Likes

Got an opening for one tomorrow at Jax Beach @ 12:33pm if anyone is interested.

1 Like

@jco and I are still in search of one more for tomorrow at 12:30 … beginning to think we might be the only ones that read this thread.

1 Like

Wish I could make it!

1 Like

Me too

1 Like

Hahah y’all are the best, I’m not convinced the rest of these “Jax golfers” aren’t just burners that are super nice and well spoken

2 Likes

@Hwhite Real estate in Vero Beach is looking pretty good right now…

1 Like

Hey everyone - I’m about to drop my membership at a course in town because I’m just not using it enough for it to make financial sense. I’m only able to get out once or twice a month. Would like to meet some locals and set up a game every now and then. Thanks!

2 Likes

Hey everyone, I am actually Duval adjacent (St Johns) I live close to World Golf Village. Right now I play pretty frequently at St Johns with my father in law who is a member there but I have been considering joining either that club or World Golf Village since there are two courses.

3 Likes

Welcome! There are a few of us here in the area who get together and play pretty regularly. I’ll always make the drive down to the WGV, especially for the King & Bear course.

2 Likes

Awesome, I haven’t actually played King & Bear yet. I have only played Slammer & Squire once as well.

1 Like

Outside my home course of Jax Beach Golf Club, The King & Bear is, IMO, the best public/semi-private course in the area.

3 Likes

I keep sleeping on the WGV courses but will be changing that soon after hearing you put it like that!

1 Like

Haven’t played King n Bear yet, have only played Slammer n Squire. I liked it but didn’t love it for the price. I’ll have to try to get out to the King n Bear one day.

In other news I played Timuquana for the first time yesterday and am headed to Streamsong this weekend. Big golf week for me! Just had to throw that brag out there :joy:

5 Likes

Has anyone made it out to The Yards yet?

Also $80 for 12 holes of golf is a reach…

2 Likes