Roll Call: Connecticut

Anyone in the West Hartford area this summer looking to get a round in? New here but would love to get involved and always up for round at Keney / Wintonburry / ect.

1 Like

Late here but staying in Avon this summer and would love to get in a round. Been playing Keney quite a bit and its in decent shape along with some rounds at Wintonburry.

1 Like

@Camelliotbraun if you want to join us for The Shepherds Open this Friday at Keney please feel free to DM me. We have a couple of spots left

Iā€™m up by Springfield, play out of the Orchards most but get a good amount in by the Ct/MA border there

I have a 12 man Ryder Cup event next weekend Sept 9-12 in Rhode Island - Newport area. 2 guys just bailed today so looking to fill 2 more spots. Let me know if anyone is interested. 18 Thursday afternoon at Green Valley, 36 Friday at MeadowBrook, 36 Saturday Newport National and 18 Sunday AM at Exeter.

Hello Connecticut refugees, after settling in to freshman at college for about 3 weeks Iā€™m itching to play some golf again. Iā€™m at Sacred Heart so if anybody has course recs in the fairfield trumbull area thatā€™d be great. Besides the wheel across the street which I actually thought had a few good holes but Iā€™d love to go explore some new places as well.

Orange isnā€™t too far away and Orange Hills Country Club is a good price for 18 holes.

Also, if anybody has recomendations for the best caddie scene that would be helpful there is Brooklawn and CC of Fairfield close but Iā€™m not sure what the caddie policy is at either.

CC of Fairfield definitely has caddies, my coworkers caddie there on weekends. Also a big fan of Longshore.

You might be able to get discounts at Great River Golf Club which I believe is owned by SHU.

Big news for Yale today.

5 Likes

Got an opening at The Orchards in South Hadley, MA, quick drive across the border, this Saturday at 11:15 if anyoneā€™s interested

brooklawn is good. i live a mile away from there and had a caddie in their brooklawn invitational last weekend. really good scene. also any course south of here in greenwich, darien etc have good programs

Hi all,

Any recommendations for clubs in the Fairfield/Westport/Wilton area? I know thereā€™s a decent amount of them but I have a limited network of people in the area (Iā€™m moving to CT next spring from San Francisco) so Iā€™m not sure how Iā€™d get a sponsor/letter of recommendation. Would also prefer something without an outrageous waitlist. Does anyone here know if there is a club that is taking new members that also might not need a sponsor or have an easier membership process? Iā€™m a member of a club here that I plan on remaining a National member of that be able to offer me recommedation if you think that would be helpful. Any advice welcomed! Thanks.

2 Likes

hey shane, i live in fairfield but play out of new haven cc. we have a little waitlist and recently capped our junior membership as well. i do think brooklawn is accepting members. other places it really comes down to what you are comfortable with as an initiation cost, most this way are pretty high

1 Like

Does anyone have recommendations for lessons in Fairfield County?

Sterling Farms GC in Stamford is a great spot for a lesson. I have gone a few times and have always left a lesson very satisfied.

1 Like

Very sad news in my email this morningā€¦
Fox Hopyard is becoming fully private this season.
Yeah sure, theyā€™ve invested 1.5mil to upgrade the place and Iā€™m happy for that, but my favorite course has now become inaccessible to me.

I donā€™t live close anymore (Iā€™m 3000 miles away), but I grew up playing in those woods (before the course was built), then worked at the restaurant on the course in high school. Being able to come home to visit my parents as an adult and spend my days golfing the Fox was a wonderful full-circle reconnection. As a matter of fact, it got me to visit more often! :sweat_smile: I may sound like some kind of golfing wingnut, but I feel a very real and very deep connection to the place. I would sign up today if I could, but being on the other side of the country doesnā€™t make it feasible.

If anyone here is a member, and wouldnā€™t mind having an East Haddam native as a guest when I come to visit, feel free to reach out!

1 Like

Tough to hear. Played there for the first time in years last summer for a scramble and it always brings back some great memories. Same boat as you so Iā€™m not out there much anymore but was one of the go-tos when I was back east.

1 Like

I see we are members of the same Roost. Will you be at Chunks @ The Chuck?

Yessir

1 Like