Roll Call: Connecticut

Any other Connecticut NLU fans out there? If so, where do you like to play?

6 Likes

Yes! I’m a member at Skungamaug in Coventry and play the Hartford area munis quite a bit. And you?

Awesome! I live in Hartford County and am a member at TPC River Highlands in Cromwell. I also like to play at Keney Park, Wintonbury Hills, and some of the other fun public tracks around here. Hopefully there are some more CT people that will reply and we can get a 4some together once spring rolls around.

Played high school golf for Norwich Free Academy. We played at Pautipaug - the Mohegan Sun course. I also had a complementary membership for a year at Lake Of Isles when it first opened for some junior program they were running.

Moved to the Midwest for college and live in Kansas City now. When I go back, maybe we could link up for a round?

I’m in Fairfield County, I play Griffith Harris Golf Course or the “Griff” in Greenwich a lot since it’s right around the corner, but also play Sterling Farms and some of the Westchester NY courses like Saxon Woods and Maple Mohr.

2 Likes

I’m in Westport. Play at Longshore and wherever I can get invited in Fairfield County, Westchester, and even Jersey. Just moved up here last summer from the city, have my eye on joining a private club at some point but have two young kids too so time is somewhat limited for golf.

1 Like

Absolutely, let us know!

Great. I haven’t played as much as I’d like in Fairfield County. Last time I was down there I played Tamarack in Greenwich and really enjoyed it. Anytime you and @burnsy make it up to Hartford County let me know and we can tee it up.

2 Likes

Sounds good to me man

Hartford area here. I tend to play a lot at Wintonbury and Gillette Ridge the most. I like Keney Park and Lyman Orchards as well. I definitely would love to get out in the spring if we can organize an outing with members here.

1 Like

NWest corner boonie resident here. Fairview Farms is probably the best within a 30 minute drive up here. Course has cleaned up a lot in the past 5 years.
Keney Park is my favorite Hartford course. Great vibe and conditions. Have a buddy whose a member at Glastonbury Hills. Surprisingly not stuffy at all but not a fun course to play if you can’t keep it straight off the tee.
Frequent Blue Fox too. What an absolute shame Tower Ridge is now.

Another Hartford County resident here! Love Gillette Ridge the most, but will play anywhere. It’s summer, let’s tee it up soon!

Grew up outside of Hartford (Simsbury) and logged my first 10 years of golf entirely at Simsbury Farms.

Have since live and played all over and have made my way back to the state and make home in Mystic. Play out of Warwick CC in Rhode Island.

Still love getting back to The Farms, especially end of summer and fall when the greens firm up.

1 Like

I’ve been meaning to get out there.

There was talk about a group in Connecticut getting together for a round but never happened. I’d still be interested if others are. Bloomfield here

1 Like

I am swinging through Hartford for a work trip next week and have a 7:40 am at Keney Thursday morning 8/30. As of now it is just me. If anyone is available or interested, I am looking to get a quick round in before a 12:30 flight out.

How was Keney?

It was very good. Such a fun a course, in great shape and a neat atmosphere. Matt Dusenberry and his team did a great job with their restoration/renovation making it a fun and interesting place to play for a municipal course. There are some really interesting and fun holes, the bunkering is well done and the greens were incredible with great contours. I would highly recommend it.

Awesome. I haven’t played it since the restoration but it was apparent the place had great bones when I was growing up in the area (Simsbury).

I am in Fairfield and mainly play H Smith, the Wheel and any of the Westchester Co public courses.

If anyone is looking to work things out in the lab and get dialed in for the Spring, a new indoor golf simulator facility opened in Fairfield recently called Golf Lounge 18. They’ve got 4-5 simulators that you can rent by the hour. There’s also a 2-man team league play starting next week. Also, if people are interested, I could try to organize a CT NLU fan event there.