Roll Call: Connecticut

Pequot has always underwhelmed me as a golf course, but you can get around there for practically no money at all so it keeps a spot in my rota.

I live in Groton right near Shenny, so if you’re ever back in the area let me know!

@jamiesontw I’m there most weekends in the summer, would love to get out there with you. Any other takers for Shenny?

Shenny

Crushed and broke my leg the day we got back from 7 weeks on the road

but I’d stop by to see y’all off the 1st at Shenny, Only a Fibula fracture so can still chip and putt for 3 months.

I played Fox Hopyard about a month ago as well and it was in great shape. Fantastic course and even if it is a little baked out I would still play it. I used to live in Groton and what they said as well, Shenny is a great track to play too.

Anyone know what course is featured in the Mikes Golf Outlet commercial?

I’ve played all over but can’t pinpoint it.

This screams Simsbury farms to me but that is just a guess.

That’s what I was thinking too as it is one of the few courses I haven’t been to.

Can confirm is definitely not Simsbury farms.

It isn’t Crestbook Park down in Watertown is it?

I’ll have to check out some course pics. I went through the course tour quickly on their website but nothing jumps out.

Hopefully I won’t have to call Mike’s out of desperation. Haha.

I’m not 100% sure and I can’t find any pictures online to confirm, but it reminds me of the 6th hole at Farmington Woods. Par 5 that doglegs slightly left, elevated tee shot. The 7th hole to the right is a par 4 that plays back up the hill.

Any one up for 18 pretty much anywhere in state ( except Shenny, want to play somewhere new) next Monday, Sep 28? Tee time 9am-11am ish? I’ve never played Keney Park.

Potentially. Though Simsbury Farms is on my list @Clarkebar

On your list to play or not play?

To play

Simsbury farms works for me

Just played Keney again today for the second time. Greens were in great condition. I honestly think if the whole course were in private club condition, it would be a top 5 course in the state and who knows in terms of the national rankings. Land movement is pretty crazy and greens are awesome.

I know @Tron enjoyed it there as well.

1 Like

Played Keney last week, course was in great shape. 8 and 9 are two of my favorite holes around.

fyi…Yale opens Monday and any Connecticut resident can book a tee time and play. No longer need to be Yale affiliated or a guest. Only CT residents can play.

2 Likes