Roll Call: Connecticut

that’s awesome…any word on what kind of condition it’s in?

I’m assuming, not great. The 9th is closed due to construction. I can report back. I’m playing Monday.

Signing up for the reservation account now. Still deciding between simsbury farms, keeney, or maybe Yale now on Monday.

I’m out for Monday due to work, but go out and have a day. Yale seems like the obvious choice here

Still waiting for an approval. Any chance they’ll approve me so I can make a tee time for Monday?

It took a few hours for mine to go through. I was panicing so I ended up filling that form out two more times. There’s still a plenty of times available. Hope it goes through soon for you.

Question for my CT neighbors - is Shenny like MUCH better than Fenwick? Have never played either, but am working on setting up some NE events for the golfers journal next year, and we are 100% hitting Keney, and im trying to decide between the other two

1 Like

Shenny is a big boy 18 hole course beautiful and I really struggle to play anywhere else. I love it. Have not played Fenwick but from what I understand it’s a little bit smaller nine-hole course two different things both amazing going to play Fenwick in the next couple weeks. I know not very helpful.

1 Like

So I can’t book a single at Yale. Will anybody be my friend? I’m in and can book a tee time just need a friend.

You want to play at 1:20pm?

Would love to but have to be back to pick up kids by 4pm in mystic…if all else fails it’s supposed to rain Monday I imagine they’ll be pretty empty I’ll just call about a single. It’s completely open right now and I’m pretty sure with the rain it won’t fill up. Thanks again for the offer.

Yep! I just looked. I have no way of cancelling a spot or adding a spot without calling. No one was answering the phone today when I called…

As you discovered I can’t book as a single either, even if there is a twosome in a spot. That’s dumb and I hope they adjust that because I’m going to be playing next summer as a single all the time.

Just got off the phone with the pro shop to cancel one spot, but also asked about singles. Currently to play as a single you need to call, but they’re slowly looking into changing their system.

Just got off the phone, booked as a single. They are so excited to be opening back up and were Suuuuuper nice. Got a spot Monday morning, maybe paired off maybe not. I can’t believe I’m going to be playing Yale on Monday!!!

3 Likes

Keep the Yale updates coming, gonna be back in CT in mid October and wanna get a nice fall stroll in (ct resident)

1 Like

+1 on theYale updates. Was hoping to to play it this year for the first time, glad they got it back up and running

1 Like

Yes!!! That’s awesome. Glad it worked out! I cannot wait to get out there, regardless of condition. Walking Yale on Monday was not something I’d ever guess I’d be doing this year.

2 Likes

Posting Pics and Video over in
https://refuge.nolayingup.com/t/the-course-at-yale-closing/30152/25?u=lawmi

2 Likes

Thanks for all the efforts! What was your overall impression of the course? Do you think it is worth the time to play now or better to wait in hopes they can get the conditioning a little better?

Play it ASAP. The land is incredible. I posted a ton of pics in that Yale thread. No reason to wait. Get involved!

1 Like