Roll Call: Colorado -- @PJM v Colorado Golfers, @PJM only half guilty

Can confirm, Commonground certainly lived up to the hype. Incredible weather and everyone at the place seemed to be in a great mood. Played from the tips and was absolutely dead by the end though.

5 Likes

Coming up for the School of Ross event and spending a full week up there. Noticed I’ll be in town for games 3, 4, and 5 of the NBA Finals. Where are the best spots for watch parties? I’m down to be a fake Nuggets fan and cheer against whoever comes out of the East. I’m staying with my uncle in the Cherry Creek area so I would prefer something close-ish to there. I watched a Rockies playoff game at Blake Street Tavern a few years ago and had a blast, but it looks like that’s now closed.

Cherry Cricket

3 Likes

Chopper’s. The place is named after the late trainer of the Nuggets. So there are some bona fides for you to express your fake fandom. Seriously, though, it’s very welcoming and a neighborhood institution. Like the Cherry Cricket in that regard. Cherry Cricket is in Cherry Creek and Chopper’s is Cherry Creek adjacent.

1 Like

Damn afternoon thunderstorms Colorado. I have a tee time.

Something something 2 iron.

1 Like

Got a nice back massage from all the hail this afternoon

1 Like

Heading to Vail for a wedding next weekend. Had my eyes on Red Sky until I found out it was semi-private and I couldn’t get on. Was looking at Eagle Vail, but also saw a recommendation for Gypsum Creek. Any thoughts on these spots?

1 Like

You should double check with the hotel you are staying at. They may have tee time access to Red Sky. I stayed at a hotel in Beaver Creek and that’s how I got on a few years ago.

1 Like

Yeah, I already checked that. No go.

1 Like

Ah well.

I’ve never played Gypsum Creek, but I have played Eagle Ranch a bit to the east.

Gypsum is a Pete Dye design, Eagle Ranch is an Arnold Palmer. Scorecard indicates GC plays a bit shorter, but a bit harder.

Sonnenalp GC was another good course in the area, but unfortunately they have taken themselves fully private again.

1a. Eagle Ranch
1b. Gypsum Creek
2. Beaver Creek
3. Eagle Vail
4. Vail Golf Club

It’ll be early season conditions in a few places so make sure you call ahead.

4 Likes

Probably not what you’re looking for but Willow Creek Par 3 is a ton of fun, and cheap for the area: EagleVail Golf Club > Golf > Willow Creek Par 3 Course

Howdy everyone. Group of 8 coming from KC and are looking for a final course to play between Murphy Creek and Riverdale Dunes. From what I’ve read, people think pretty similarly of them. Any input/opinions would help. Conditioning would be a tiebreaker, if anyone has some insight on the conditioning of either this summer. Thanks!!

1 Like

I’d take Dunes over Murphy Creek any day.

Nothing wrong with MC, it’s just Dunes is more fun.

Haven’t played either this year though. But we’ve gotten a ton of rain lately, so I’m sure they are both green and lush.

2 Likes

Dunes for sure, Murphy Creek can get absolutely railed by wind out by the airport. For what it costs, the Dunes tee boxes alone are worth the price of admissions; they’re immaculate.

1 Like

Very similar courses. You can’t go wrong with either. The only differentiation I would state is if you are playing early in the morning, Riverdale Dunes tends to throw more water on the course in summer (or drains more slowly) due to the amount of play it gets. If playing early, the ball may run a little more at Murphy Creek.

1 Like

Hey all, I’ll be staying in Louisville for most of the month of July. Looking for a grass driving range within a 20 minute drive of there Looks like Indian Peaks may be my best bet? Is that accurate?

I believe Coal Creek has a grass range and is likely closer to you.

2 Likes

Depends on what side of town really. Either could win out depending.

I’d say Indian Peaks is a better range and practice putting green and chipping area. It’s the better course as well. And one of the top patios for having a post round/session bevvie due to the views to the west.

CC has just installed Top Tracer and has a fun little putting obstacle course sort of thing.

1 Like