Roll Call: Colorado -- @PJM v Colorado Golfers, @PJM only half guilty

Hello Denver! I am going to be in Denver in 4 weeks for a conference. Wondering if anyone could meet up to play a round or two!

Can play Sunday May 14. Like a late morning tee time.

Also, Friday May 19 in the morning.

Keen on Common Ground, of course. Fossil Trace and Riverdale also seem to be good public golf plays?

5 Likes

I’ll also be visitinig Denver the latter weekend. I’m looking to get out on Saturday the 20th and would be keen for some recommendations! When I last checked commonground had all their Sat morning slots booked out, I assume for a tournament.

3 Likes

@Privatecollection hook my guy up!

1 Like

Yeah mens club event that day

Good morning Denver folk, I come in peace from the Valley of the Sun to visit my sister the second week of May. Not a huge NBA fan, so no real rooting interest between Suns and Nuggs. Originally from So Cal so technically a Laker fan (guessing that makes things worse).

Anyways, is anyone free to tee it up Monday 5/8 at Commonground? My brother-in-law is taking the day off of work so we are shooting for a mid-morning round once tee times become available.

1 Like

You can book ahead of time at commonground for an extra fee if you want to be safe. Speaking of, just booked a time for next Saturday there and has anyone used the caddie program? My buddy is a former caddie at Cherry Hills and was interested in just seeing how they are being taught so we might get them.

Caddies are only available Memorial Day → Labor Day so they won’t be out there yet unfortunately

In general, the way to view that caddy program is primarily as a chance to interact with a young kid who is looking to make some money, and give them a good adult interaction for a few hours. Some of the kids are golfers and can be informative as a caddy, but IMO the greater value is just in having adult conversations with them. I wouldn’t necessarily expect like insightful course knowledge- that’s not a knock on the caddy program at all (the caddy program is awesome, to be clear), my point is just that that’s not really what it’s for. It’s really for the kids to learn more so than to provide a high-quality caddy for CG players, if that makes sense

3 Likes

That’s too bad about the timing. And makes complete sense about how the program works. Looking forward to playing it regardless!

1 Like

Hey all. Any suggestions for where to play near the Gaylord Rockies Resort & Convention Center in Aurora? Thanks!

Green Valley Ranch is the closest. Decent course, host of the Colorado Open’s. It can be slow though.

1 Like

I always enjoyed Murphy Creek, not everyone’s cup of tea.

4 Likes

Riverdale Dunes is also a decent option, probably 20ish minutes away

1 Like

Thamks for the suggestions. I’ll be there from May 16-23. I’m assuming these are public and eay to get on?

Yes

Ehhh.

Denver/Colorado is fairly tough to get decent public times, mornings and weekends in general. I’d be fairly aggressive in trying to secure them the day they are released.

1 Like

Buffalo Run is another close to the airport. But’s probably the worst out of what’s been mentioned thus far.

1 Like

I’d bump this, big fan of Murphy, they struggle with their greens come July but they are in good shape right now with all the moisture we’ve gotten recently

3 Likes

Not golf, but colorado related- I’ve got a connect for two Reserved tickets tonight (Thursday 5/4) for Jason Isbell at Red Rocks (face value), lmk if you’re interested and I can connect you

1 Like

He rocked it last night, and everyone knows the 2nd night is always better than the first!

edit- willing to part with the pair of reserve tix (I think row 22-ish) for $100…