Roll Call: Colorado -- @PJM v Colorado Golfers, @PJM only half guilty

Dick’s words, not mine

1 Like

I’m officially on record with the under

Sunset 7:40 in April with twilight ending around 8. It’s going to have to be a very close course to wherever your class is to be able to finish 9 especially with you driving in rush hour traffic

1 Like

Now you’re really going to crush my dreams and tell me it’ll be bottom of the 7th by the time I make it to the ballpark one night…

1 Like

You should be ok if you can get out quick at 5. There are two night games against the Pirates on Monday and Tuesday of your trip that start at 6:40pm. Driving to a light rail station and parking there would be the best option vs. trying to drive to the game from Aurora and find parking during rush hour.

2 Likes

I see tons and tons of breweries to go to

Any recommendations as where to start?

In Aurora, dry dock is pretty good.

1 Like

Second dry dock, though the north dock location (as opposed to the south dock original) is more of a warehouse.

Ursula is hit or miss. Have had some very good barrel aged beers from them though. Weird location and golf course next to it is now apartments (rip Fitzsimons)

Going farther down colfax cerebral and fiction are great. Cerebral can get very packed if it’s nice weather.

If you’re willing to fly stuff home in the travel bag, Mr. B’s at Stanley Marketplace has a great curated selection of beer.

Agree on Murphy creek and common grounds for courses. If you want to really Strapped it you can hit up Aurora Hills. Played a lot of rounds there. I would not call it a great course but it’s serviceable.

3 Likes

Golf season is upon us. Aerifcation will begin sooner than later. Has anybody played anywhere where the greens are rolling decent?
I was impressed with Fossil Trace today and wanted to put out the good word. I am excited for the golf season and kudos to all the courses going cart path only early on. Courses are going to be in really good shape in six to eight weeks.

1 Like

while not much spring snow is good for getting early season rounds in, I’m concerned about the lack of moisture we’re getting so far. Some places seem to manage this much better than others, but if we don’t get some precipitation it’s going to be a tough year for a number of places, specifically those without good irrigation systems in place.

2 Likes

Played South Suburban on Sunday while visiting family and the greens were predictably diabolical. Fast and questionable pin placements led to a lot of 3-4 putts in the group.

1 Like

Hi all,

New to the nest and am looking to find some people to golf with in the Denver area.

I live in Aurora (saddle rock is my local course), but I’m down to play anywhere.

4 Likes

Welcome! Search this thread for a discord link. It’s much more active than this thread for finding tee times and events.

2 Likes

Is anyone willing to drop a Discord link in here? All of the old links I’m turning up with a search are giving error messages. Thanks in advance!

Okay, one week out to coming to Aurora

4/16-4/21

A) anyone want to meet up for drinks, dinner, golf
B) where should i eat

Class is at Buckley. Staying at the hotel complex by the airport.

Unfortunately it’s the opposite direction from DIA if you’re leaving Buckley, but if you head west to Havana you’ve got CommonGround and a ton of fantastic Korean, Mexican, and working class bars. Unfortunately, the east side of Aurora is pretty slim pickings, except for Murphy Creek to golf.

1 Like

Thanks. I’ve got a rental and want to explore

1 Like

Six Capital brewery is also a great lunch spot, really good food and solid beers

Other good spots in east Aurora:

Cuba Bakery & Cafe
Tacos El Metate
Aurora Wing Hut
Rosie’s Diner
Cafe Paprika
Helga’s Haus

Other then Murphy Meadow Hills is a fun course in south eastern aurora

Meadow Hills punching this Monday and Tuesday, pending snow melt.